Monoprice 8323 Headphones $21.59 + S&H

actually I'm pretty sensitive to highs and Sibilance. I would say yes the 8323 is a bit Sibilant. Tone it down with an EQ and they're fine. The 8320 IEMs are much more troublesome, but still good with EQ.

Currently listening to them, they arrived today.

how comfy are those compared to rx900? and how good are they for games? i am using the rx900 while playing bf3 and after a while it gets uncomfortable and am looking for cheap headphones to replace them and wondering if those will get the job done.

I ordered 3 pairs of the 8320 IEM's a week or so ago. Had a pair burning in for around 70 hours and I'm listening to them at the moment. They are pretty amazing for the price. Just a heads up if you do buy them, throw away the stock tips because they are horrid thin rubber that don't seal. I replaced them with the pads from some cheap Sony iem's I had and it made all the difference.

Went ahead and ordered http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA since I seen them mentioned a few times on Headfi. Burning in another pair to give to a friend and will slap on some of the Sony hybrid tips also.

Just wanted to say thanks to this thread, I was wanting some decent IEM's for running and wasn't willing to spend much just because it's about the only time I'll be using them. These are really nice sounding, do change the tips on them however it's pretty much a necessity to get the most out of them. Also heads up that there is a bit of cord noise when it rubs on things but having the cord route behind your ears seem to help a lot. Can't wait to see my friend's face when I tell him they only cost $7.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I ordered 3 pairs of the 8320 IEM's a week or so ago. Had a pair burning in for around 70 hours and I'm listening to them at the moment. They are pretty amazing for the price. Just a heads up if you do buy them, throw away the stock tips because they are horrid thin rubber that don't seal. I replaced them with the pads from some cheap Sony iem's I had and it made all the difference.

Went ahead and ordered http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA since I seen them mentioned a few times on Headfi. Burning in another pair to give to a friend and will slap on some of the Sony hybrid tips also.

Just wanted to say thanks to this thread, I was wanting some decent IEM's for running and wasn't willing to spend much just because it's about the only time I'll be using them. These are really nice sounding, do change the tips on them however it's pretty much a necessity to get the most out of them. Also heads up that there is a bit of cord noise when it rubs on things but having the cord route behind your ears seem to help a lot. Can't wait to see my friend's face when I tell him they only cost $7.

+1

It's safe to assume that every stock Monoprice earpad is going to be shit -- It's to be expected from such a cheap set, regardless if it's over-the-ear or IEM; I had to swap my MP's ear pads, as they were extremely uncomfortable.

Also, MAKE SURE to burn your set in, regardless of the type you purchased; You can't expect any type of headphone, IEM, or headset to sound it's absolute best if you haven't left the cans time to mature.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's safe to assume that every stock Monoprice earpad is going to be shit -- It's to be expected from such a cheap set, regardless if it's over-the-ear or IEM; I had to swap my MP's ear pads, as they were extremely uncomfortable.

Also, MAKE SURE to burn your set in, regardless of the type you purchased; You can't expect any type of headphone, IEM, or headset to sound it's absolute best if you haven't left the cans time to mature.

^ I hope no one judges them with the stock buds. Also the burn in seemed to do these things some good.

I got my Headphones today & for $28.00 shipped they are amazing. :) i put some music through these and they are a blast. The wife is still sleeping lol. I can hear every little chord of a piano playing with these. If you have never heard of drew dawson davis listen to him here. Has some great quality music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdNbh8_sqA&list=UUt_MPOc614-2UDWM7P6Mqfw&index=1&feature=plcp

Now I have a question. How do you burn them in

I put the volume to about 70% with a nice EQ profile and let a track that has a full range of sounds loop for 24+ hours.

just got these today along with a pair of 8320's. I'm nothing of an "audiophile" at all, but I have to say that I'm satisfied for what I paid for these. Haven't tried the 8320's much at all, but the clarity of the 8323's is pretty amazing; I can pick out minor sounds within songs that I've hardly heard before.

I received my pair a few days ago. The box / presentation were very basic but I was blown away by the performance. I have several headphones, won't get into model numbers but I have cans from KRK, AKG, Sennheiser and Creative. All together, about 7 pair now included these new Monoprice. With the large 50mm drivers, these things really deliver the lows. I'm more than impressed. I gently broke them 'em over a few days allowing 48 hours of audio streaming. For the money, these things are just an incredible deal. These have the performance of $100 - $150 headphones all day everyday.

Scale 1 to 10. 10 being the highest.

Value - 10
Performance - 9
Comfort - 7
Packaging - 2
Accessories - 9
Cord Length - 10

if these headphones are considered to sound great then I would hate to hear what most of you consider bad. I am not really impressed at all and aside from decent bass these things sound pretty awful to me. :confused:

In comparison to something priced much higher or something else that's sub-$30? I think most people that have actually sampled a few different headphones across price ranges would say they sound good for the price, anything else is just hyperbole. You can do a lot worse for $20, and you can also get more for $35 or for $100.

sounds like everyone is taking the price paid into consideration. maybe thats it.
yeah but even if they are free that does not make the way they sound for music acceptable to me. I will be keeping them though because they are okay for gaming and I am too lazy to try and find anything else for the time being.

if these headphones are considered to sound great then I would hate to hear what most of you consider bad. I am not really impressed at all and aside from decent bass these things sound pretty awful to me. :confused:

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. The slippery slope happens when a person opinion is compared to others.

As these pair of phones, they were good for bass...but for that same reason the left side is now dead. :D Back to my AD700s. :p
If someone has a dead right speaker, we can make a deal for mine. ;)

Well I think everyone here is very open to what other headphones you would suggest in or near this price range. Lets say for 35 or less.

Well I think everyone here is very open to what other headphones you would suggest in or near this price range. Lets say for 35 or less.
no idea. I guess my main point was that they sound worse than my old MDR-150 for music because of that sibilance problem I mentioned earlier.

The JVC HA-RX700 are exactly $35 at Amazon and they're worth the extra $15 imo, pretty comfortable out of the box. Price seesaws a lot... If you want a more open sound the Samson SR850 or the Superlux equivalent are a good option but they're around $50 right now.

The RX700 are the most comfortable, the SR850 have a better sound stage. Obviously a 75%-100% price increase is not insignificant if you're on a shoestring budget tho, but there are plenty of other good budget options out there. Panasonic RP-HTF600 are another option. After those you're probably better off doubling or tripling the budget again for something like the AudioTechnica AT-AD700 or ATH-M50 depending on your needs.

I just got my Sony Hybrid tips in. I tried out the large first and the bass disappeared and soundstage was like distant, I think my canals were too small and squished the hole together or something. Medium size sounded awesome, bass had good impact and was a lot tighter so the mid and highs seemed more clear. Small-med tips were excellent too. It's fun having three different pairs comparing them on the fly. After looking up all these budget IEM threads I think I might have to get a pair of the Thermaltake Isurus. Supposedly they might be using some Audio Technica drivers and sound amazing for only $30. I'll keep a pair of the 8320's for backup and give the other two to friends.

I almost wanted to try out the 8323's just because I was curious and wanted to compare to my AD700s but other than that I doubt they would have ever been used again.

yeah but even if they are free that does not make the way they sound for music acceptable to me. I will be keeping them though because they are okay for gaming and I am too lazy to try and find anything else for the time being.

I feel you on this. I have been listening to music on these and they are good but not great. For gaming tho I have been using these with WoW and I honestly feel that for gamign rhese things are amazing. Crystal clear and I hear sounds I have never heard before.

Music I dont care for them but gaming they are great

If you can cut through the head-phone-snobbery comments, these are excellent cans for not ( obviously ) only the cost but performance as well. These headphones don't need their cheap cost as a crutch, they stand alone on performance just fine.

The only thing holding these back are their comfort level. It's just not there and I wish it was. Not terrible but it could be better. I still need to break them in and that might help a little.

Let's get real here for a moment. For any potential buyer out there of these headphones, there simply and utterly would not be a thread of this lenght and depth if these were not the special little gems that they are.

If you can cut through the head-phone-snobbery comments, these are excellent cans for not ( obviously ) only the cost but performance as well. These headphones don't need their cheap cost as a crutch, they stand alone on performance just fine.

The only thing holding these back are their comfort level. It's just not there and I wish it was. Not terrible but it could be better. I still need to break them in and that might help a little.

Let's get real here for a moment. For any potential buyer out there of these headphones, there simply and utterly would not be a thread of this lenght and depth if these were not the special little gems that they are.
who in this thread has made snobbish comments? I seem to be the first one that mentioned the headphones sounded awful for music and that was compared to my even cheaper headphones. I am certainly no snob or audiophile but I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and praise something when my ears know better.

I never really knocked the headphones in general but for music they are really good but need work. Gaming on the other hand these things rock. I hear stuff that I dont hear with my Klipsch system. One big complain is they are not comfortable because I thinm I have a big head and these things are tight. maybe with some break in these things will be better

For $28.00 shipped these things are amazing headphones. ONE HUGE PLUS with these headphones is that when I put them on and the wife is in the same room even at low volume I cant hear her speak HAHA

I installed Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 to give me more control over my EQ and everything & I will say this after adjustments with the program I have this headset sounding like a dream. Listening to Orchestra Symphany's in HD are amazing. The Clarity is nuts after Adjustments

this gives a clear example of sibilance issue I mentioned earlier. I have to completely disable the crystalizer and even then its pretty painful. on my cheap old Sonys its not near as bad but on the 8323 phones it will make my ears bleed starting at 20 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUFDFePer_c

EDIT: to be clear yes I know this is pretty crappy music quality. I just used it because it is such an obvious example of the sibilance that I get.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of these. They do sound fantastic...But their big issue is the ear muffs aren't very large so that my ears get scrunched a bit. They dont fit over my ears very well..

I put them back in the box. :(

The more I wear these things the more uncomfortable they are. I am really starting to hate these things. They make my ears hurt bad. I decided to shelf these things until I can possibly find some softer ear cups.

they were hurting me pretty bad too but I stretched them out and they are not as bad now. still no where near as comfy as my other phones which are really light on ear phones.

Back