Monster Cable Threatens The Wrong Guy

monster cable was responsible for 9/11

Totally uncalled for and totally wrong part of the world if you wanna be technical. China are the ones doing the cyber attacks through the civilian sector so the gov't can claim innocents.

I assume that Monster Cable International, Ltd., in Bermuda, listed on these patents, is an IP holding company and that Monster Cable's principal US entity pays licensing fees to the Bermuda corporation in order to shift income out of the United States and thereby avoid paying United States federal income tax on those portions of its income

He brings up a good point, this is actually the true driving force behind moving manufacturing offshore.... so corporations can hide from the tax man, not to obtain cheaper labor. Intel and AMD both are massive offenders in this game. Corporate income tax revenue is way way down over the last few years and this is the primary mechanism for it.

Hopefully the situation will get fixed. Meantime, the man can make some trouble for Monster over this by using dicovery to poke his nose in. :eek::rolleyes::p

lol, funny monster getting slapped back at. Props to the guy for having the balls to do it!

There are so many ways to shift money around in these big corps it is amazing. I have had a taste of it through my dad's prior job and most of us can barely comprehend how complicated it gets.

There is no "simple" answer to it though, it is rooted just as deep as the laws and regs trying to go against it.

I've bought several cables from Blue Jeans for my various A/V systems in the past few years. Great stuff, no fluff. Only thing I don't buy from them is HDMI/Digital cables, thanks Monoprice, but I get all of my analog stuff there.

Good stuff. That reply is just awesome. I really hope that Kurt has gotten a lot of traffic to his company's website and people are starting to understand Monster Cable's ruse in the marketplace by this snippet on BJC's website:

BJC website said:
Q. I don't like buying products made in China; why do you have these made in China?

A. At present, all HDMI cable stock in the world is made in China, except for our Belden HDMI cables (for which the cable stock is made in the US, but we have final assembly, i.e., connectorization, done in China). If you're looking at another brand and think it's US-made (or, for that matter, anything other than Chinese-made), take another look, and see our article which describes how you can identify the country of origin of most HDMI cables: Where Does HDMI Cable Come From? If you are, like many people, trying to avoid buying Chinese products, consider our Belden HDMI cables, which are principally, albeit not entirely, US-made. And by the way: that's BelDEN, not BelKIN; Belkin HDMI cables are made in China.

source

I guess I still consider "Taiwan" as "not-China". I guess not everyone does though, because there are HDMI cables made in Taiwan. I thought there were some made in Korea, Singapore, etc. as well, but I could be wrong about that.

I guess I still consider "Taiwan" as "not-China". I guess not everyone does though, because there are HDMI cables made in Taiwan. I thought there were some made in Korea, Singapore, etc. as well, but I could be wrong about that.

He does mention that pretty much all cable stock comes from China, so maybe it's the final build location that the determining factor when finding that label that states "Made in Taiwan" or "Made in Korea", etc.

Monster owns the 49ers stadium that I know and love as Candlestick Park. It makes me feel dirty when I go to 49ers games. (The losing seasons arent helping either.)

This is so awesome. Blue Jeans Cables has some awesome products btw. They are highly recommended on head-fi.org and avsforum.

I liked the first paragraph the best:

Let me begin by stating, without equivocation, that I have no interest whatsoever in infringing upon any intellectual property belonging to Monster Cable. Indeed, the less my customers think my products resemble Monster's, in form or in function, the better.

Blue Jeans is a fantastic dealer for cables. Well built and very fair prices. Several previous posters mentioned Canare... which I highly recommend for cables and cable parts in general. I'm not going to get into the hogwash of cables and sound and what Monster claims and promises above others... but suffice it to say that Canare cables are built tough and built well. I'm pleased with the quality of their wires and construction. I always save myself about a dozen feet of cables off the spool when I can. After having to help rewire an auditorium for work, running the cables took a lot of tugging and pulling above the ceiling. With some bits of shorter length leftover cables, we decided to do a strength test on them. My coworker and myself BOTH were hanging from an end of Canare cable tied in a loop from a hook and it didn't break. Almost 400lbs between us.

Compare that with a monster cable we had in the office that I decided to tear apart. I was able to break into it with my bare hands. Individual leads inside were about as thin as cheap earbud headphone wiring. If you have the basic skill for it, build your own. Canare parts are fantastic and hold up well. I have recommended Blue Jeans in the past for friends and family who were looking for cables that weren't so insanely marked up (even "generic" HDMI cables cost far too much).

Just turn him into the RIAA for downloading music (might make sure he isn't first though :p)

Really doesn't matter at this point. He'd most likely poke holes all over the RIAA just like he did to Monster, except probably worse.

Why isn't there an HTPC angle since one of the most anticipated features is PAP support. The card bit-streams Blu-Ray now.

How quiet is the card during BR play back with a loss-less HD audio?

I remember this story from last year, any update?

how the heck do you bump a year old thread with a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread?

after reading this articl, which was the first time for me, and then his response, i am not suprised they shut up

how the heck do you bump a year old thread with a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread?

+1

although I actually thought about this thread a couple days ago but didn't think I'd be able to find it because I didn't remember that it was Monster cables.

Keeping things relevant, this news story is what made me aware of BJC. I ended up cabling my home theater with their stuff, very happy with both their customer service and the quality of their cables.

That was SO cool lol I loved it hehe.

"Not only am I unintimidated by litigation; I sometimes rather miss it."

OMG THAT ROCKS!!!! ROFLMAO
This guy just unzipped, dropped his dick on the table, and dared Monster to do the same. That's awesome.

Keeping things relevant, this news story is what made me aware of BJC. I ended up cabling my home theater with their stuff, very happy with both their customer service and the quality of their cables.

I'll be doing the same when my home closes next week. Going to be gutting the basement and installing a network closet and the man cave. Pretty excited actually.

I'll be doing the same when my home closes next week. Going to be gutting the basement and installing a network closet and the man cave. Pretty excited actually.

Good fun. You should post pics in the home theater section

I did not know about this

totally awesome BJC in my bookmarks now

[UPS] Sorce;1034754483 said:
This guy just unzipped, dropped his dick on the table, and dared Monster to do the same. That's awesome.

LOL, that is just hung with awesomeness!!

I did not know about this

totally awesome BJC in my bookmarks now

BJC costs more than Monoprice but for big setups I prefer them. Monoprice is hit or miss with the build quality of their cables and connectors while BJC's stuff is always very rugged and very well constructed.

[UPS] Sorce;1034754483 said:

Probably the most accurate depiction of what just happened. I'm glad this got bumped, I missed it the first go-round and enjoyed the read.

BJC costs more than Monoprice but for big setups I prefer them. Monoprice is hit or miss with the build quality of their cables and connectors while BJC's stuff is always very rugged and very well constructed.

BJC is basically totally and completely overbuilt. It is near as I know impossible to get better cable. They buy high grade Belden cable, they buy quality ends, and they do a precision job on termination. It just doesn't get any better. Total overkill for pretty much anything BUT it does help prevent problems. You'd have to really try to break any of their cables. You can roll stuff over them, step on them, no problems.

They are also great if you have heavy EMI/RFI in your setup. Like say you cables run right along with power. While the best idea is to not do that, you can't always avoid it. However if you get overbuilt cables with extremely good shielding, then it is no problem.

They also do custom lengths, which is nice. Especially if you have a longish run. You get in a situation where 12 feet isn't enough but 25 feet is way too much. However that is the increment most places sell in. So if you have like an 18 foot run, you have a bunch of extra piled up. However Bluejeans does custom lengths on all their stuff except HDMI as far as I know.

Monoprice and BJC are the only places I recommend for finished cable anymore. Monoprice is real good for the money, but BJC is just as good as it comes.

Sycraft - Correct on the HDMI lengths, but that said there are so many length increments available that I don't think anyone is in any real danger of getting too much leftover cable.

And totally agreed with your last paragraph, couldn't have said it better myself.

Back