Monster Says It Is Not A…Monster

There is a special place in hell for patent trolls. They have very obvious abuse of patent and copyright laws. You cant support a business purely by suing the competition out of business. I would have a lot more sympathy if they did not try to copyright common terms or industry standards that were already widely accepted before they went into business.

I normally have some sympathy for people trying to protect their original name or work but these are common terms and standards. They are selling cable like perfume raising the price and charging just for image.

Another excellent option.

Tartan Cable is a division of Blue Jeans Cable (www.bluejeanscable.com), launched for the purpose of bringing inexpensive cable assemblies for audio and video usage to the home theater market. Blue Jeans Cable specializes in custom production of audio and video cable assemblies from broadcast-quality cable and connectors. As we've become more and more acquainted with every part of the home theater market, we've found that some of our customers prefer to buy offshore-sourced premade cable assemblies, which can be sold at prices well below our standard broadcast-quality products. In response, we've looked to a variety of offshore suppliers to find the very best pricing on reliable-quality prebuilt cable assemblies for home theater use, and the result is Tartan Cable.

http://www.tartancable.com/

Ok people, we better hope they don't go under cuz they might want a Monster bailout too, ROTFL, what a bunch of fucks... Screw it I'm trademarking every word here, all of you pay up ROTFFL LOL

When I built my home theater last month (specs in sig :D ) it was all Blue Jeans Cable. Their stuff is great and exceptionally well made.

Here is a great page on speaker cable, btw, well worth reading all the way through: http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

The section on Gordon Gow, President of McIntosh Labs (one of best audio equipment manufacturers out there and one of the very few still making tube amps), debunking the whole premium cable scam is fantastic: http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#gordongow

monster sucks ass. i will NEVER EVER buy another monster product.

blue jeans cable FTW! :)

Monster does have a point. They are defending their legally held copyrights.

Their products on the other hand are not worth the money being charged. As FLECOM stated, go to an Apple store and get basically the same cable for about $22 or get it online for about $5. No reason to feed the 'monster' company Monster.

No they don't.....they are using a common english word as a trademark, and then suing people in completely unrelated industries over their use of that common english word. That is not only against hte whole purpose of trademark (to keep someone else from posing as your company), but is borderline extortion with how they often want damages as well.

Overpriced cables, and revenue feeds a lawsuit machine....I say let em starve to death. Same for many of the overpriced "audiophile" cables....cables is one of the biggest scams in hi-fi.

Meh. They are getting what's coming to them. Overpriced shit that costs $5-10 on monoprice.com.

Let em burn. No lawsuits to bring them down, no corporate injunctions...just let them collapse under their own goddamn inflated selves.

What the fudge is monoprice and why am I only hearing about it now?

monoprice.com and another (blue jeans or something like that), really cheap cables (but good quality) and stuff; 90% of my cables in my house are from monoprice.com :D

Monoprice is so cheap, that shipping usually costs more than the cables :D I ordered 2 6ft and a 35ft hdmi cable and it was like 35 bucks total shipped. Thats 300+ in monster cables!

What the fudge is monoprice and why am I only hearing about it now?
You aren't alone, a lot of people don't know about it. I make it my business to spread the word about them.

Monoprice is so cheap, that shipping usually costs more than the cables :D I ordered 2 6ft and a 35ft hdmi cable and it was like 35 bucks total shipped. Thats 300+ in monster cables!
Ok, how did you manage that? I had a similar order and it was more than that. The difference was I ordered a 20ft 1.3a HDMI cable instead of the 35ft. The 20ft cable cost about $28 by itself!

I searched around for the lowest priced "over 25 foot" cable i could find on the site :p I want to say it was like 5 bucks per 6f cable and 22 for the 35f cable, so maybe it was closer to 40, dunno, its been a few months since i ordered it.

Two words: Blue Jeans.

Yup. I can't 100% abide by monoprice as a few of the products they sell have really junky physical connectors. Blue Jeans on the other hand are very well priced and are of very high physical build quality at the same time. Perfect balance IMHO.

Ahhh, not that X-Mas is over for another year, it is time to laugh. I came across this the other day and had to pass it on. If anyone has seen Noel Lee's sad excuse for a sympathy video then you have got to see the remix. It's is called "Noel Way Out":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38CRLVLjOhM

Ho Ho Haahaaahaahaahahaha!

I love how on the original Youtube video the OP posted that he only allowed one comment to be posted, which is rather positive about him.

Back