Mortal Kombat X

Betauser

2[H]4U
Anyone picked up their copy yet and played it? Just wondering before I put money on it or trade some games.

playing it now. Just doing story line so far, pretty good.

Started story mode last night. Digging it but the QTE's are killing it for me. Show me the cut scene get to the fight.

Got it today its pretty insane I'm not very good but my son is ridiculous i wont play him in game like this tried facing him in killer instinct and bore witness to 100+ combos. :(

It's very nice looking

Bought the full $89 premium version was disappointed to not find Jason or the predator there yet. Not quite sure what i paid extra for yet.

You can get the PC version for $18

Thats because the PC version doesnt work. At least thats what ive seen.

My only complaint ATM is the ranked versus play sometimes takes over 1 min to find a match. And i know damn well there are tonso people out there playing it. Story Mode is semi engaging and unexpected, i enjoy it more than I thought i would have.

Thats because the PC version doesnt work. At least thats what ive seen.

PC version works 100% fine. People were confused on how to download it correctly. They were trying to release it in packs so you can play certain modes while the rest of the game was DL. Good idea, poor execution.

Started story mode last night. Digging it but the QTE's are killing it for me. Show me the cut scene get to the fight.

QTE's put me off too but it seems like it doesn't matter if you fail the button inputs. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the actual fight.

Kind of off topic but not really. Anyone have any recommendations on a fightstick for the PS4? the DS4 is okay but I miss a stick. Unfortunately all my fighting games last gen were on Xbox 360. Now I'm looking to buy. It seems all of them are in the 200-300 price range. Seems it may just be cheaper to buy a X box one and use my existing gear.

Kind of off topic but not really. Anyone have any recommendations on a fightstick for the PS4? the DS4 is okay but I miss a stick. Unfortunately all my fighting games last gen were on Xbox 360. Now I'm looking to buy. It seems all of them are in the 200-300 price range. Seems it may just be cheaper to buy a X box one and use my existing gear.

I don't know if the stick that works on Xbox 360 would work on Xbox One. If it does, I can see it makes more sense to buy an Xbox One. At least you can play Killer Instinct with it.

I don't know if the stick that works on Xbox 360 would work on Xbox One. If it does, I can see it makes more sense to buy an Xbox One. At least you can play Killer Instinct with it.

No 360 controllers won't work. The Xbox One controller just feels better the offset sticks and the dpad feel better in this case.

There is this also?
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/mortal-kombat-x-fight-pad/120366

And this
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/real-arcade-pro-hayabusa-for-xbox-one/121016

Blah, I envy you americans who have actual options when it comes to electronics.

I played the PS4 version with a friend for a few hours last night. I thought the game was pretty good, but straight away I had to do a 28(?)GB install followed by a 3GB+ update which I thought was pretty lame.

Also, button mashing out a fatality seems to be pretty easy in MK X as between the two of us, we pulled off 6 fatalities despite not have looked up any of the moves lists.

I played the PS4 version with a friend for a few hours last night. I thought the game was pretty good, but straight away I had to do a 28(?)GB install followed by a 3GB+ update which I thought was pretty lame.

Also, button mashing out a fatality seems to be pretty easy in MK X as between the two of us, we pulled off 6 fatalities despite not have looked up any of the moves lists.

Sony needs to fix that Xbox One installs it all together,

I guess I know what I'm gonna trade my Destiny game for this weekend. Heard a lot of positive feedbacks even from PC users, but has anyone tried the online match up?

I guess I know what I'm gonna trade my Destiny game for this weekend. Heard a lot of positive feedbacks even from PC users, but has anyone tried the online match up?

I been playing MP now since finishing SP story mode. Matchmaking has improved greatly from first weekend. I havent noticed any latency that has adversely affected my gameplay. Plus I like all of the faction war additions.

Got the game and I'm enjoying the story mode. Need some getting used to. Otherwise, it's not as clunky as I expect.

Played a few rounds with a friend last night. I think the last MK game I played was on N64.

This must be one of the few franchises that gets better with newer gaming systems. I couldn't believe how smooth it was. We were in hysterics the entire time even though we both suck.

I heard the Story mode is good. Not sure if still worth $60

The story mode is actually pretty long. It feels significantly longer than it was in the previous Mortal Kombat game.

I don't like these either. You spend more time looking for the prompts than you do watching the actual content. On the other hand it does allow for some variation in the "movie."

Got the game and I'm enjoying the story mode. Need some getting used to. Otherwise, it's not as clunky as I expect.

The Mortal Kombat games are getting better. Two was the only classic game that wasn't clunky, but even when you compared it to Street Fighter II it was clunky. The series got worse as time went on and the "3D versions" were all pretty bad. MK vs. DC was the least bad of the 3D versions but it wasn't in the same league as anything else.

I would get this but im terrible at fighting games

My girlfriend doesn't play fighting games often and she's been playing it on very easy. She's been able to get through it. She even played with some friends of mine and though she got her ass kicked, she enjoyed the hysterical fatalities and the visuals of the game.

I'm looking to try this game but in a review it said that many features were missing. It is a complete game now, not missing modes and characters?

I'm looking to try this game but in a review it said that many features were missing. It is a complete game now, not missing modes and characters?

I don't know about missing features but it is definitely missing the characters that are sold via the Kombat Pack which is bullshit.

TotalBiscuit said that a number of characters and modes were missing on release.

TotalBiscuit said that a number of characters and modes were missing on release.

The only characters that are missing as far as I can tell are all extras in the Kombat Pack. As far as modes, I don't know. It looks like they've split the tower challenge from the first one into multiple towers. I haven't spent much time with the game beyond completing the story mode and playing games against some of my friends.

MK games just doesn't do it for me anymore, but i will go watch the story mode on youtube. I've seen parts of it on Twitch steams and it was entertaining.

The story mode so far is good, but I hate the fact that I have to re-learn some of the moves of a new character each chapter. :( I like using Johnny Cage since his moves/special moves arent that quite hard and got used to it, but still hard to pull off some combos. Any suggestions how to get good at combos? When I said combos, meaning chaining a combo moves.

The story mode so far is good, but I hate the fact that I have to re-learn some of the moves of a new character each chapter. :( I like using Johnny Cage since his moves/special moves arent that quite hard and got used to it, but still hard to pull off some combos. Any suggestions how to get good at combos? When I said combos, meaning chaining a combo moves.

You can beat the AI in story mode with just spamming Johnny Cages projectile from across the map.

You can beat the AI in story mode with just spamming Johnny Cages projectile from across the map.

yea, I've passed that, but when I'm not playing him, I would have to pause the game and look for a spam combo for the new character lol. Just annoying for me I guess.

yea, I've passed that, but when I'm not playing him, I would have to pause the game and look for a spam combo for the new character lol. Just annoying for me I guess.

I remember the days of having to buy a whole separate book filled with all those moves for another $15 - $20 bucks. So it could be worst.

Fucking love it. Just beat the shit out of my neighbor at it. Love the trash talking that in person gameplay allows.

Don't really have a favorite champion yet, but really like Ermac and Quan Chi.

Why the fuck is Shang Tsung not in this game?

Any PS4 Kombatants here? I want to test my might.

Edit: the only character I have played that I don't fully understand is Kotal Kahn. His moveset doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Having some fun online. Doing ok in online versus. Win about 66 percent of my matches. I use just Ermac and Erron Black. Both have high skill caps and are fun.

Back