Mother of All Lego Spacecraft Pictured

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
You brickheads will love this. A father/son team in Germany imagined what a colony ship might look like and then built a scale model with detailed interiors out of Lego bricks. Follow the jump for more info and have your German translator ready if you want to read how they did it. Wow!

Am I the only person who thinks the design looks like it's based off of the Aurora class Ancient ship from Stargate Atlantis?

Stargate Failantis you mean? Lol god that show sucks, anyways looks kinda like BSG to me but with more stuff on the outside

Looks like there's a Silon's face right near the bow of it. If you go to the album you'll see a better closeup of it.

Is there any sort of scale object in any of the photos? A CD, dollar bill small child, something to give an idea of the size?

Is there any sort of scale object in any of the photos? A CD, dollar bill small child, something to give an idea of the size?

Yeah there is one of a space cat terrorizing our lego friends.

Totally Epic Build.

So if rob 20-30 plastic car, ship, aiplane and tank models of miscellaneous parts and then take 1 lego and attach it somewhere on the monstrosoty, I too can call my model a "lego" spacecraft model?

calling this a "lego" model is a stretch.

Makes me want to go and dig out my old lego sets..... ah the innocent times of childhood!

So if rob 20-30 plastic car, ship, aiplane and tank models of miscellaneous parts and then take 1 lego and attach it somewhere on the monstrosoty, I too can call my model a "lego" spacecraft model?

calling this a "lego" model is a stretch.

uh did you look at the pics?

Reminds me of the Prometheus man-made spaceship in Stargate TV show

If anyone ever made one based on the spaceship in the Stargate shows, I'd probably be crazy enough to get one :p

meh, Its a big space ship that carries other space ships that are not from anything I recognize.

Looks like an RV.

Doesn't Lego make blocks anymore? Throw enough of that Star Wars crap together in the right shape and you get a Star Destroyer or B5 or the BSG or the Sulaco.

A for Effort
B for Interior design
C for Aesthetics
D for Materials

Stargate Failantis you mean? Lol god that show sucks, anyways looks kinda like BSG to me but with more stuff on the outside

I liked Atlantis until the fourth season. Then it really went downhill. In any case the new series should be called: "Stargate Notgoingtolastaseaon." Basically they ripped off Star Trek Voyager. For god's sake if you are going to steal from Star Trek, steal from one of the better shows. Not that one.

Shit man, the show overall was just filler i only watched it when BSG was on as it was filler, now maybe Sci Fi can get some good shows maybe call joss wheadon, and nate, kaylee is out of work now too, oh god i want me some firefly.

I liked the Explorians and I noticed some Ice Planet 2002 parts, great ship.

am i the only one who's Legos had teeth marks on them?

lol
Some of mine did as well, just because they couldn't be pried apart with little kid fingers due to the fact they were pressed together so hard. Then in one of my kits I got some Lego pry tool that sort of reminds me of a bottle cap opener, then I didn't have to use my teeth anymore. :p

Back