Motherboard/case compatibility question (Gigabyte+Antec 900)

Providence

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128067

This Gigabyte motherboard with an Antec 900 case. Decided on this for my new rig (processor is QX9650). Was going to go for SLi but decided I can probably just get by with one nice card.

Anyway, the Antec 900 cables have two audio cables, one labled AC97 and the other one labeled HD Audio.

Looking at that mobo on Newegg:
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC889A

Will that fit either of those? AC97 ones on newegg generally just say AC97, but that one doesn't fit either...will I have a problem?

Newegg's site is not responding... I guess everyone woke up for some BF action. How about listing your parts?

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P Rev 2.0 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
Antec 900
QX9650 (not in yet)
G. Skill 8 gigs of ram (four is hardly necessary, but I felt like burning cash on four more...future proofed my ram >_>)

Basically I'm worried about not being able to connect my front side speaker jacks to the mobo.

The motherboard won't arrive until next Tuesday so I can't test this out myself yet, but it's something I noticed from customer reviews of that board after I purchased it. The Antec case only has two connections for speakers, labeled HD Audio and AC97.

IIRC, the gigabyte boards default config to HD Audio, so you'll be able to connect the FP Audio ports to the mobo just fine.

Now, I have to ask... why did you buy the QX9650?

Unusual surplus of time and money, really. I'll just be happy if it works. Ended up buying a water cooling setup that will cool 300 thermal watts, so I'm hoping I can do a good OC and still cool the 8800GTS.

Back