Motherboard makes beeping noises....

yoops

n00b
Specs:
evga 680i A1
evga 8800GTS 320
e6600
2x1gig crucial default setting 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v

Hey guys I can't start up my computer right now... I was changing my ram voltages from 2.2 to 1.8, but when I rebooted my computer it didn't make the usual noises when your computer usually starts up and some bios error popped up.

So I reset my computer. My computer started making a long beep noise in intervals, so I turned off my computer and reset my jumpers and removed my battery on my motherboard. I turned it on and the beep noise was still present, so I removed my ram and reset jumpers once more but the noise was still there...

Anybody know what I did wrong :confused::confused:

Beeping noises typically means one of 3 things: video card, ram, or cpu.

Re-seat everything. If that doesn't work, start removing/replacing components till it comes up again.

Boot into your bios and load default settings and go from there.

Boot into your bios and load default settings and go from there.

Beep codes typically mean the system won't post, which means no bios to go into.

Usually it's something really, really wrong. Like no memory installed, no video card installed, or no cpu installed. Something probably needs to be reseated.

Also, if you have any additional pci cards plugged in, you might want to remove them. In general it's a good idea to get down to the bare minimum number of components when doing this kind of troubleshooting.

well i found out my problem.. my computer wont boot if i set my ram voltages as 1.8. which is wierd since ive had it at that voltage before..

i still have my 680i. its just the nature of the beast. I call it the crappiest greatest overclocking board with sli

Back