Motherboard mounting woes

Taiguy

n00b
Spent a good 5 to 6 hours last night and this morning unpacking all my parts and getting everything running. I had a big problem with the motherboard however and how it's mounted. I have an Asus A8V Deluxe with an a64-3500, mounted in a Lian Li PC-61 case. the removable mobo tray in the lian li is great for installation, but uses these snap in metal brackets + screws to secure the board to the tray. I mounted it, and tried putting in my vid card and a pci wifi card. Only half would go in it seems... not good. That left me stuck for a bit, so I dismounted the board from the tray, and both cards slided in perfectly. Apparently the mounting brackets/screws tighten down the board too much, and it's bending the board slightly in some places, causing the expansion cards not to fit properly. I loosened the screws but now the motherboard can move around (worries me). My idea right now is to find some type of foam spacer to stick between the mobo and the tray to get a snug fit. Any ideas on non conductive, heat tolerant, and relatively cheap solutions?

Back