Motherboard repair company?

Treppiede

Limp Gawd
Gentlemen,
I have an older ASUS P6T Deluxe that might need to be repaired.

The machine suddenly quit POSTing. As I continue trying to locate spare components to troubleshoot the issue, I figured it might be a good idea to start looking for a reputable Motherboard repair facility (preferably US-based).

Do you guys have experience with one in particular that you would recommend?

Assuming I find a spare CPU, RAM and GPU (already tried another PSU), I'd like to be able to ship the Mobo out to these people to have them go over it with a fine comb, and replace any caps/other components that fail their tests.

Thanks in advance for your help.

No such animal, they are comodities.

Once they go down, you replace them and chuck the original.

They are very complicated boards, 6, 7, 8, layers deep.

Why pay someone 100s of dollars to repair something that could be replaced for less than $100?

There is no market for it.

Unless it is something incredibly simple like a bad cap you are pretty much SOL. It is just not economically feasible to troubleshoot a board this complicated for how much they cost.

Guys,
Thanks for the responses.

Some logic board components can be replaced without too much trouble. This is done on computer hardware, TVs, appliances... even automotive ECUs.

Here's an example of reballing/repair services on eBay.

I've actually emailed a few of those guys and it's a procedure that is - although not highly popular - very much done. One in particular told me to check his eBay store, purchase the basic $27 logic board repair service and send the Mobo to him. He said he'd go over it, test caps and other components and email me back with results and options.

I am willing to explore these possibilities because I had two SSDs running in RAID-0. I could go through the trouble of locating another identical Mobo, or a similar model with the same onboard RAID controller... but I figured I'd explore this option first. Yes, I have backups... but it would be nice to restore the system with minimal changes.

And yes, I would go this route only if it was one of the simple components, I would never even dream of going through the traces or microcomponents.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would recommend getting a new mobo ,
but if you insist on getting it repaired you should ask him if the chipset needs reballing he should be able to do that because I have seen many repair guys dont have the facility to reball.
you could even test out the caps one by one using a multimeter or observe for any blown caps by looking at its top part ,if it looks flat its a good one if it seems blows up a bit then its the one making the whole issue. Also there are many ceramic caps they dont show any physical change but it can also cause short.

Back