Mother's Day Flowers for 10 bucks shipped.

DonInKansas

Supreme [H]ardness
https://ww22.1800flowers.com/

Search for item 3942. Nice little crocus basket. Use Coupon Code MDAYGC to get 10 bucks off for a total of as little as 9.98 shipped, depending on the day you want it delivered.

They even take Paypal so you don't have to enter a credit card.

Never thought I would comment on a flower basket in this forum but the Crocus Basket is currently OOS.

I wouldn't use those middle man services. Order directly from the flower shop. Trust me on that. It will be cheaper and there is less chance of a screw up and it will take less time.

Having spent a lot of time moving around the world for my job I've used places like 1800Flowers and FTD.com countless times. I have never had a single screw up and the cost difference vs. calling a local store in the area was negligible. In all cases, it was quicker going 'click-click-click' than to try and tell some ditzy clerk over the phone what kind of arrangement I wanted.

I've bought flowers over the web from 1800 Flowers and Pro flowers over a dozen times without issues.

my grandma gets a monthly basket from 1800flowers as a recurring gift from her sons and daughters from a few christmases back, they're always well put together and delivered on time and it's really just no hastle at all, my family really appreciates their service.

Costco has always had the best deals on flowers, their flowers are fresh and cheap. Their roses are awesome.

You guys don't understand they don't put together flowers. All they do is pass on the info to a local flower shop. You have no idea what flower shop, you have no idea if the flower shop actually received the order.

My parents own a flower shop and are in their network and FTD messed up a Valentine's order for some guy. So his girl got flowers 3 days after Vday. They fixed their mistake. They told them to include a 'sorry' note. lol

Let me tell you how this works. They sent out an email fax to a local flower shop. The flower shop takes that and puts flowers together for whatever day, gives it to a delivery guy and he delivers it. There are a lot more links in the chain in this process. They also charge a noticeable fee. This is a deals section so I don't know why a middle man process is even posted here. If you order through a flower shop you know that they actually got the order because you talked to them. There will be way less chance of miscommunication. And I'm not just saying this because my parents own a flower shop. The cost of doing business with FTD and the others gets directly passed onto you. It's like going to best buy and buying a video card vs ordering online.

Browse FTD, pick what you want, call a flower shop, tell them the catalog number and if they're in the FTD network they'll know exactly what to make and ask how much cheaper they can make it without involving FTD.

You guys don't understand they don't put together flowers. All they do is pass on the info to a local flower shop. You have no idea what flower shop, you have no idea if the flower shop actually received the order.

My parents own a flower shop and are in their network and FTD messed up a Valentine's order for some guy. So his girl got flowers 3 days after Vday. They fixed their mistake. They told them to include a 'sorry' note. lol

Let me tell you how this works. They sent out an email fax to a local flower shop. The flower shop takes that and puts flowers together for whatever day, gives it to a delivery guy and he delivers it. There are a lot more links in the chain in this process. They also charge a noticeable fee. This is a deals section so I don't know why a middle man process is even posted here. If you order through a flower shop you know that they actually got the order because you talked to them. There will be way less chance of miscommunication. And I'm not just saying this because my parents own a flower shop. The cost of doing business with FTD and the others gets directly passed onto you. It's like going to best buy and buying a video card vs ordering online.

Browse FTD, pick what you want, call a flower shop, tell them the catalog number and if they're in the FTD network they'll know exactly what to make and ask how much cheaper they can make it without involving FTD.

As a former employee of FTD this is quite true. I worked there, got a discount even, and would NEVER order through FTD.com. I have stories you would never believe...

Use their Florists Online service if you dont want to call a florist so you at least have your order go directly to a florist instead of passing through the middle man: www.ftdfloristsonline.com

Sadly, this is true.

As stated, they're basically a referrer.

I do know that whomever they use in Mississippi uses the worst and shittiest flowers known to the planet earth.

flowers are sooooo overrated. everyone is conditioned to think they are special. they are not. they are expensive and die.

flowers are sooooo overrated. everyone is conditioned to think they are special. they are not. they are expensive and die.

haha, agreed... nothing says I love you like a new 8800GT or 4GB of RAM :cool:

Back