Moto X+1 (2014 Moto X Successor)

Limp Gawd
http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-x1-name-shows-moto-maker-promptly-removed

Motorola can't quite keep the X+1 a secret any longer. X could use a good spec bump. The size is really nice as is (especially one handed), but I wouldn't mind them also bump that up so long as they keep the same great ergonomics and general shape (curved back, candy-bar shape). I know a lot of people don't want any increase to the size though. Rumors are saying leather will be a customization option for this year's X.

So, anyone else looking forward to the next iteration of this great phone?? How are fellow X users thinking -- can you go back to a phone without active display and touchless controls? After six joyous months using X so far, I can say I'll for sure be picking one up and I'll give my current X to my little sister. I thought I'd always be using a Nexus, but the unique features and aesthetics of the X have won me over.

Hope they come up with a better name, we already have two Ones (m7 and M8), and the OnePlus One.

Well all we have is a botched website test. We don't know what it will really be called.

Well all we have is a botched website test. We don't know what it will really be called.

Come on, you think it was botched?

"botched" is more like it. They took que's from Google an the Nexus 5 accidently showing price and specs on their site....."accidently".

No one accidently puts up a website for a new product.....its a teaser to start now so in 3 weeks when its released there will be enough hype to sell more.

My wishlist:

Same size, 1080p screen
Thinner, try 6.5mm at its thickest....
No bezels.....
And full moto maker customizing without the "oh this new material will be available soon" crap.

And call me a buyer.

I really like the X. Haven't had a single problem with it. Performance is decent, I don't need much more in that department. The active display, touchless controls, and relatively stock Android experience are a lot better than whatever Samsung was trying to shove down my throat with my Galaxy S2. I could live with a better camera, though. I've actually had mostly good shots with it as-is, and the slightly better front camera is useful for Skype with the girlfriend when I'm traveling on business, but I would like some relatively major improvements in that area (wishful thinking: 17mp back/3mp front).

The Moto X concave shaping molds itself into the shape of my palm making it feel very comfortable.I see no need to make it thinner. I store it in a pouch as I don't want to enclose something in a case that feels this good. With it's touchless control I can even talk to it when it is in a pouch, which is really cool.

The active display, touchless controls are excellent. I talk to it from 5 feet away asking "what's on my agenda" and it reads it off to me in clear voice. When driving I lay it on the passenger seat. It knows I am driving and when a text or phone call comes it asks if I want to send them a message that I am driving or want to call back later. There is no need to use bluetooth in my car.

Although the camera is adequate I want to see it improved in the successor.

Last edited:
It's botched because the website had no working links our product descriptions. I didn't state they foolishly posted something in an attempt to get interest.

All it was is posting test, I doubt it really had a purpose to stay up longer than a few hours anyways.

Kinda OT, but I just ordered a Moto X for my mom to replace her old iPhone 4. I remembered that Motorola Migrate can transfer your data from your old iPhone to your Moto X, but it only seems to do contacts and calendar sync. I'm looking for some way to transfer all of her pics, video and messages (SMS/MMS) over to her new phone. Anyone have any good ways to do this? Seems pics and vids may be easiest to transfer through a PC, but I'm not finding much for SMS transferring, just some old app/methed that seems unreliable and outdated.

Kinda OT, but I just ordered a Moto X for my mom to replace her old iPhone 4. I remembered that Motorola Migrate can transfer your data from your old iPhone to your Moto X, but it only seems to do contacts and calendar sync. I'm looking for some way to transfer all of her pics, video and messages (SMS/MMS) over to her new phone. Anyone have any good ways to do this? Seems pics and vids may be easiest to transfer through a PC, but I'm not finding much for SMS transferring, just some old app/methed that seems unreliable and outdated.

Set her up with some cloud storage of sorts. Then its just logging in.....say dropbox or something.

Set her up with some cloud storage of sorts. Then its just logging in.....say dropbox or something.

What cloud storage allows your to backup messages on both iOS and Android though? I don't think Dropbox does that. I'll check it out though. Thanks.

I'm surprised no one is really excited for this, it seems the Moto X thread died a long time ago as well. This is one of the more interesting Android phones to me. Motorola showed that software optimizations can do a lot, even with lower specs. I can't wait for the Moto X + 1 (Or w/e it will be called)

I'm surprised no one is really excited for this, it seems the Moto X thread died a long time ago as well. This is one of the more interesting Android phones to me. Motorola showed that software optimizations can do a lot, even with lower specs. I can't wait for the Moto X + 1 (Or w/e it will be called)
Still loving my Droid Maxx. The "it just works" classification definitely applies. First phone I've ever kept a (relatively) stock ROM on.

Company is giving me a new GSM phone though...trying to figure out what to get. :)

I'll get excited when there is more than just a botched website.

Edit:I should add, I was going to get a Moto x for a work phone, but the price was a bit too high, went with a Windows phone instead and it is also very rock solid.

If they come out with a maxx+1 or what ever I will get it, love my droid maxx. I leave everything on, wifi, bluetooth, gps, lte, and still get 2 full days out of it.

The main reason is the launch of the X and moto maker was skewed because it was only sent to one carrier, then you had to wait.

Consumers are sick of waiting for months for products to come to market. And the manufactures think taking the Apple route (tease for a loooong time and watch the sheeple wait in line for days for the latest and greatest) will work for them.

If Moto sent out a press release and said "hay guyz we got dis new Moto X1 and it will be released xyz date and it will have every skin available"

But no, its Hey, you get ATT only, and moto maker won't be for every carrier.....4 months later every carrier gets it. Just be forthcoming to the customers who matter, the techy people who want a device they way they want it, and not the way the masses like it...cause they don't know what they like. Hence the sales team at every cell phone provider.....to tell them what they want.

idk, ranting.......

Wishful thinking, but I'm hoping Google/Motorola has taken to heart the abysmal feedback it received last year with the X launch and they'll not do that BS Moto Maker carrier exclusivity deal again. I can't imagine that worked out well for them even financially. (Any numbers from AT&T out there?)

They are already rumored to price the phone more competitively at start this time around.

I am happy the phone is supposedly getting a size bump though, although I think 5" or 4.9" would have been a better choice than 5.2"... if they keep the same ergonomics and feel they'll have a winner.

Wishful thinking, but I'm hoping Google/Motorola has taken to heart the abysmal feedback it received last year with the X launch and they'll not do that BS Moto Maker carrier exclusivity deal again. I can't imagine that worked out well for them even financially. (Any numbers from AT&T out there?)

They are already rumored to price the phone more competitively at start this time around.

I am happy the phone is supposedly getting a size bump though, although I think 5" or 4.9" would have been a better choice than 5.2"... if they keep the same ergonomics and feel they'll have a winner.

Obviously it didn't work out - they are closing the Texas plant where they put all of the phones together. When it comes down to it, you can snap on a colorful back cover on yourself if you are so inclined...

Google doesn't own Moto anymore.

Incorrect - the deal has not been approved yet by China/US

i just hope they keep the size exactly the same maybe thinner because never have i been more amazed at a phones size to screen size ratio. on a smaller device that is. i dont know about you but i dont need a tablet for a smart phone. i carried around a galaxy player 5.0 for a year and than owned a samsung focus s before having a moto g for a droid-pod for a few weeks let me tell you all my valuable energy and the fun poked at me for having such a "FRICKEN HUGE" device is not worth it. att says
its not complicated, bigger is better
but not the case when it come the size of a phone, for me that is. no other android phone has stood out like the moto x has in my eyes over the years with all its never before seen features and a bunch of other little things.

Back