Motorola Razor V3 comes to Verizon $199

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Verizon Wireless is selling the new Motorola RAZR V3c with 1.3Mpixel camera, 30MB internal storage, EV-DO V-cast support for $199.99 after $100 rebate. Activation required.

Link

EDIT: You can get another $100 off if your contract is over with verizon, they give you $100 credit for completing the contract

Edit: Price Dropped and Available at Wirefly for $99 Now :)

Link

interesting find, though I am still puzzled as to why people think the Razr is the best thing since sliced bread (pun intended).

cool, i was looking at getting a cell to..

how easy is it to link to a pc and transfer mps/ringtons/movies/etc over to..? I'm assuming can get a 1gb mem card for it somehow..

Worminater said:

how easy is it to link to a pc and transfer mps/ringtons/movies/etc over to..? I'm assuming can get a 1gb mem card for it somehow..

The Motorola Mobile Phone Tools software makes it easy to edit and transfer pictures and sounds (for ringtones) using USB or bluetooth. Unfortunately, the software doesnt come with phones from T-mobile or Cingular. Doesnt look like it will come with Verizon phones either.

The razr is not expandable by adding a memory card.

They just sent me a thing yesterday in the mail about ungrading my phone (an old nokia) to the Razor v3 for $129.99. Doesn't seem like too bad a deal, but I'd have to redo my contract with them which means I lose about 100anytime-minutes. Is the Razor v3 worth it?

Yes, I got mine over the summer and i love it, it's extremely durable and fits well in my pocket. Shop around though, The v3 is the new promo phone for cingular, you can probably find it cheaper than $130, I got mine for $100 last june.

Keep in mind the GSM version of the phone will not work on Verizon's CDMA network and vice versa.

But you cant buy a cingular phone and use it on verizon though...Cingular is GSM and Verizon is CDMA...You have to get it through verizon.

Its a very nice looking phone with some nice features. But it still has the poor ear piece volume that has plagued many recent motorola phones. On the other hand, the speakers are great, loud and clear.

And - I think that the phone folds too flat. The hinge is the thickest portion of the phone and it will sit right on your cheek bone. You end up pushing too hard against your face because the mouth piece is too far away.

Also - I can't wait for the pink one from Cingular.

been using mine since March...it's an unlocked European model so, it's a little funky when doing TMs.

that being said, prolly the best reception of any phone i've used (motorola and nokia and LG previously) good battery life and excellent data handling capabilities. the software i received with mine was good and allowed me to update add contacts on the fly. also, charging my phone can be done via USB.

bluetooth integration is excellent.

i'd heartily recommend BVCG (i think that's the company) Deluxe Phone Tools especially if you're an integration freak like myself.

dave

I just wanted to point out that this is basically the Razr 2. You can use memory cards on this model.

Had mine since may of last 05. It's had some minor quirks such as displaying a low battery when it's full, (simple turn off/on fixes it every time), and I can't remember the others I've had.

It's surprisingly resilient, my testaments include breaking the outer glass panel on an air hockey table when it was in my pocket, dropping it on a concrete floor and spilling rubbing alcohol all over it when it was dissassembled... :rolleyes:

Worminater said:

Razr is kind of out dated imo. Check out the Samsung A900 (aka the Blade) from Sprint.

People who don;t wanna spend any money. You can get E815 Motorola from verizon for free, which is hackable. :D

the verizon razr and the e815(un-hacked) do not have any pc<-->bt support.

not exactly sure if the razr is hackable, but verizon users get to rejoice with a year old phone that still costs 100 bucks :eek:

unimatrixzer0 said:
Razr is kind of out dated imo. Check out the Samsung A900 (aka the Blade) from Sprint.

but then i'd have to put up with Sprint's crappy service...no thanks. i get a union discount for AT&T/Cingular and my plan is bloody amazing at this point. not going to sacrifice it for that.

dave

dave_graham said:
but then i'd have to put up with Sprint's crappy service...no thanks. i get a union discount for AT&T/Cingular and my plan is bloody amazing at this point. not going to sacrifice it for that.

dave

One big thing the Blade has over the Razor is true EVDO support.

drizzt81 said:
interesting find, though I am still puzzled as to why people think the Razr is the best thing since sliced bread (pun intended).

EXACTLY! I mean yeah it's thin, but what makes up for such thiness is how wide it is. Eh, I don't see the big deal...

I just bought mine unlocked off ebay for $200 shipped brand new.. Most of them sell around this shipped($200 to $30) so i would call this a warm deal

yeah, nothanks on that. if i wanna watch tv, got a lovely wife and kid at home to watch it with. i use the phone for business purposes.

dave

Cingular must be responding now that they have some RAZR competition, because just last night I ordered an upgrade for my daughter's phone -- they now offer the V3 in silver or black for $99 with a new 2-year contract. I got her the black one.

Malatov said:
Cingular must be responding now that they have some RAZR competition, because just last night I ordered an upgrade for my daughter's phone -- they now offer the V3 in silver or black for $99 with a new 2-year contract. I got her the black one.

What you can get if for Free from amazon.com and even they will pay you $25.

drizzt81 said:

Its a clean phone but by all means my treo is 1000000x better and I paid the same price.....

annaconda said:
What you can get if for Free from amazon.com and even they will pay you $25.
Only for new customers I'm sure. Lots of places doing that. Unfortunately most carriers won't offer existing customers the same discounts, but I don't mind as much as my company discount with Cingular is pretty good and my service with them has always been excellent compared to the other carriers around here. I'm just not interested in leaving Cingular. Also, I'm kinda fond of quad-band GSM as it's more traveller friendly, although CDMA has slightly better quality (but not that we've missed it, GSM has worked out just as well if not better for us). I've been with Cingular for 9-10 years, actually before they became Cingular (it was BellSouth Mobility and some other companies who merged into Cingular). I fondly remember my first TDMA digital phone, the Nokia 2160. Looks like a brick compared to today's phones. Oh, and the original gray analog StarTac. :)

Up until very recently, the V3 was $199 from Cingular as an upgrade, so they've dropped it $100 in the last week or so. I had decided not to get her the RAZR and go with a cheaper model since we also bought her an engraved iPod Nano, but she got lucky with the price drop (and the fact I procrastinated on placing the order). :)

I got a RAZR from Best Buy last night for $80 after INSTANT rebates with a 2 year contract through Cingular. Not bad, I had sprint and its utterly horrible service where I live. Im lucky to get 1 bar at my house, and lucky to get 2 bars anywhere around town. With this phone I get at least 3 bars everywhere! So nice!!!!

Plus, Motorola Mobile Phonetools is a sweet as program. Once I got it working that is. So easy to transfer stuff to and from phone on my computer. Easy as drag and drop.

SidewinderX said:
I just got an e815 too and I really like it.

Same here, got mine about 2 weeks ago.

I'm still debating if I wana get the Motorola software to hack it so I can use it as a broadband modem :p

same here, just got an e815, kind of wish i could have gotten the new razr though, its really not that much wider than the e815, and the thin-ness is nice. reason i disliked the razr before was the vga camera, and the fact that living in the middle of philly and walking around with a razr is kind of like a bullseye for muggers, they love the razr...

as for the e815, big, pretty solid, and not very pretty, but it gets the job done, and well at that.

Corson said:
same here, just got an e815, kind of wish i could have gotten the new razr though, its really not that much wider than the e815, and the thin-ness is nice. reason i disliked the razr before was the vga camera, and the fact that living in the middle of philly and walking around with a razr is kind of like a bullseye for muggers, they love the razr...

as for the e815, big, pretty solid, and not very pretty, but it gets the job done, and well at that.

I have the V3. I also have something called a digital camera ;)

haha yeah i have a 5mp too for taking real pictures, but a decent cameraphone is a fun thing to have to take pictures while out with friends. it is specifically nice because im not going to take a 350 dollar camera out with me while im drinking or playing in the snow etc.

I think some guys are missing that this is the UPDATED Razr V3C not the older V3. More storage, more bells and whistles and a better camera. The camera in the old V3's isn't that hot.

As for transferring stuff, I like the Razr, it uses a standard USB mini connector for charging and data transfer. You can get phone tools or a share ware/freeware mobile software to transfer mp3's and photos to the phone. I ended up doing my own mp3 ring tones, and higher resolution contact photos and transfered it all from my pc to the razr via usb.

Back to the USB bit, if you are in a pinch to charge the phone, if you connect it to a powered usb port, it'll charge the razr off of that. The pc or laptop has to be on, this little feature saved me a few times when low on juice.

It's pretty durable, I dropped the razr a few times onto concrete and got away with just some minor nicking and the battery panel popping off, snapped it all back together, turned the phone back on and I was ready to go.

Zovreign said:
I think some guys are missing that this is the UPDATED Razr V3C not the older V3. More storage, more bells and whistles and a better camera. The camera in the old V3's isn't that hot.
True, but the V3C is CDMA only (that's what the C is for). Those of us that choose to stay with GSM have no choice but the V3 if we want a RAZR.

It does irk me somewhat that Motorola would significantly update the phone for CDMA release, while leaving the flagship GSM phone as-is at V3. They should have called this the V4C and then could release the same phone in GSM as the V4. The feature changes seem significant enough to warrant a new "version" if you ask me:

V3: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,69,00.html
V3C: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,129,00.html

Back