Motorola Razr2

Velocity_Micro

President & CEO
First, I'm stuck with AT&T (Cingular) for cell service since VM is under contract and this is a company cell phone. I talk and text alot, and a little surfing on Sundays mostly for fantasy football and scores. I occasionally might listen to some music in an airport, but not much. Also, I must have a phone that will comfortably fit in my back pocket even when I'm sitting down.

I am looking at the Razr2 to replace my Razr for 3G capabilities, and wanted to hear any thoughts or experiences. I'm trying it out now and love most things about it, except the red/brown/pinkish color and the reception seems weaker than the original Razr.

Anybody else have this phone and feedback, especially regarding the reception?

I have a friend that has one and he loves it, So far he didnt get any problems with his phone, but more network related from AT&T upgrading their systems.

I think they look nice and they've got more R&D then any other phone out.

That said, I think you'd be better suited with a business phone like a new model Blackberry (would do all of that and be much better at texting/browsing).

The razrs I would leave alone. Much better phones out there personally. They are solid phones but same old thing rehashed. Go with the v9(bigger lcd on outside) or the v3xx if you choose any of them. Their keypads are what I really dont like. Much too flat for me as I prefer the tactile feedback that a regular keypad gives you.

for some other reading
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

for a regular phone I would learn towards
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1328

for something more pda like I would get the new HTC Tilt phone but that may be too big for you. Check out the blackberrys if you want something small with a keyboard.

you might spend a bit to get one of these as you would pay retail without a carrier subsidy but it is a nice unit for your needs I feel.
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1129

do you want more of a phone that will fit in your pocket or one with a keyboard and bigger screen for the texting and browsing?

... i enjoy my iphone... and to be honest the EDGE network isnt really that bad

it fits in my pocket fine does all you want and more :)

txt'ing it is awsome.... you get used to the keyboard in 10 minutes...

im not some apple fanboy either but i do love this phone

I was looking ar the Motarola KRAZR, but for the same price I went ahead and got the Samsung Blackjack. I've had no issues with it whatsoever. Full internet access with Windows Explorer with mp3 and movie playback capabilities. The screen is large and is really sharp. Plenty of 3rd party software. Plus you can up the storage on the phone via micro-SD memory cards. Only bad thing I've found is that it has a propriatary plug on it. If you want to use it as a portable MP3 player you have to either use the Samsung headphones (not included) or go on ebay and pick up a cheapo $3 headphone adapter for it so you can use any headphone that uses a 3.5mm jack. Take a gander at some reviews of the BlackJack online. :)

The RAZR 2 has a LOT of nice features, But personally, I really dont like the shell design of it, I actually prefer the design to the V3XX..

If 3G is all your after there are much better phones that are not as buly as PPCs thatll get you the speed and a better interface.. I love Motorola to death, but there is just something about this new RAZR2 I just dont trust.. Since they are just freshly out id personally wait a few months and see if any problems spring up.

But if youd like get get more indepth looks at other phones, check out

www.phonescoop.com
or visit a couple of the other forums Im a regular at
www.ModMyMoto.com
www.Howardforums.com (Beware all the screamin whiney noobs on this one tho)

The RAZR2 still sucks for signal power, my dad just got one and its often 2-3 signal strength under my V577. Often times he can not get a signal in our garage where I have full strength.

It does look cool tho but I would rather have basic functionality like oh actually being able to make a call over ascetics.

Back