Mounting bracket for AMD Retail Heatpipe

Xilikon

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2008
As the title say, I'm now in need to get a new set of mounting bracket to remplace the one I got, who has a tab broken off last night. Thank god the thermal protection kicked in time and i'm typing right now with my computer laid on his side with the heatsink just resting on it.

Since the mounting bracket set is included with the Retail AMD processor boxes, It's nearly impossible to find it separately so any help would be welcome. Being able to find this in Canada would be a good thing but it's not required. Worst thing for me would be to be forced to scavenge the mounting bracket from a old A64 motherboard I got laying around but i would still need one since i plan to build a spare computer with this motherboard.

You probably won't be able to get the bracket by itself; your best bet would be to get the whole thing off of eBay, or just get a new quality cheap HSF, like one of the Arctic Cooling Freezers or something.

The Arctic Cooling one that I have came with a whole plastic assembly. Too bad you already ordered that, or I'd hook you up.

Bumped since Bigfoot Computers doesn't have them in stock till the end of may :(

ajigo is also to forget since they use UPS and I'm afraid of paying custom fees with their usual politics :(

I need to hear more or even a personnal hook-up of a spare plastic bracket and I'm even willing to pay shipping.

I am in Canada and probably have 2 or 3 of them kicking around... is it the backing plate or the one surrounding the cpu socket that you need.... i have both... will see if I can dig up a black one... I think there is one here... but I know for sure I have at least 2 purple ones here... am looking at one right now LOL

you can contact me directly if you want HERE if you want to see about working something out.

~NortH~

Back