Mounting NTFS Volume in Folder Safe?

Gravey

Limp Gawd
Was wondering if there are any risk using this. I was considering raid 0 but didnt like the failure rate it was giving everyone. Raid-5 is out of the question, a little too expensive so please dont advise to go raid 5. =)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307889

I'm curious to how you are trying to compare this to raid 0 or even raid 5. This has nothing to do with improving performance. It's more of a situational addon to make dealing with a large number of physical/logical drives easier than using a alphabet letter for every drive.

I'm curious to how you are trying to compare this to raid 0 or even raid 5. This has nothing to do with improving performance. It's more of a situational addon to make dealing with a large number of physical/logical drives easier than using a alphabet letter for every drive.

I just need to combine the drives. Makes it much easier to organize things.

FYI I dont care about raid being faster. Im not comparing, just cant risk with raid0 and cant afford raid-5.

Gotcha, misunderstanding on my part.

From my experiences there's no real difference using drives nested in folders vs individual drive letters. Just be careful when you delete stuff because you can delete drive contents pretty easily doing that. (Speaking from experience after an all nighter.)

Last question, would I be able to do this if it was an external USB hard drive? Thanks for all the help

Back