Mouse Accleration Fix for Vista 32/64!

Can you post the source for this please, who made it or where they put it online originally, thanks.

how is this different from unchecking "enhance pointer precision" ?
Apparently even if you uncheck pointer precision there is still a bit of acceleration left in the os and a system file needs to be hacked to get rid of it, to me it's barely noticeable now (must be getting older) but I guess it can't hurt to kill it completely, unless your mouse firmware/driver was written to compensate and you get negative accel.

To be clear, the registry edit linked in this thread (aka CPL fix) does NOT get rid of the accel, but merely adds negative accel to cancel out the positive still present in the os. To cure it completely you need to patch win32k.sys, meaning that in Vista x64 you will run into the integrity check crap but ReadyDriver takes care of that. I don't have a link handy but if you search for Anir's accel fix (razerblueprints.net) you should be able to find it.

Pros don't use it because most tournaments don't allow modified system files but many league players use the CPL fix, I guess its better than nothing but it's not a true cure.

this pretty much negates acceleration completely, and it's a HUGE difference than just unchecking pointer precision. It works better than CPL mouse fix on my laptop which runs XP, as a little bit of accel is still noticeable. But yeah I believe 99% of the people that had vista 64 bit had trouble applying Anir's accel fix, and many files needed to be individually patched by himself again, which led to the locking of the thread.

this pretty much negates acceleration completely, and it's a HUGE difference than just unchecking pointer precision. It works better than CPL mouse fix on my laptop which runs XP, as a little bit of accel is still noticeable. But yeah I believe 99% of the people that had vista 64 bit had trouble applying Anir's accel fix, and many files needed to be individually patched by himself again, which led to the locking of the thread.
I'm not disputing that it does negate it, merely saying that it does not prevent it from being applied in the first place but cancels it out by adding an equal amount of negative acceleration. Now there is a wonderful utility called ReadyDriver that automatically selects 'disable integrity checks' before Vista boots, I use it for a hacked tcpip.sys file to allow thousands of half-open connections for Torrent and it works perfectly. When I get my rma mobo back from Asus and get my pc running again I will try Anir's fix and let you all know how it goes, I would much rather get rid of it at the source if possible. I guess MS believes that we all must have a bit of acceleration no matter what for some reason, but they are much better than Linux where I could not get rid of it to save my life and it pissed me off so much I stopped using Ubuntu (among other reasons).

If this works it should be stickied.

it does work, and that's what I'm trying to do. I've seen this asked multiple times before without a solution.

Yeah shiz please let me know how that goes. I tried everything on razorblueprints forums to apply anir's fix and had no luck.

Ive got the exact Opposite Problem on my Logitech G5 Mouse in Vista x64... Once in a while the Cursor Seems to slow down to a crawl....

Ive got the exact Opposite Problem on my Logitech G5 Mouse in Vista x64... Once in a while the Cursor Seems to slow down to a crawl....

did you see the DPI lights change? Sometimes vista auto changes my DPI on the G5 to 800 randomly.

With my Logitech G5 SE, I use SetPoint to turn off acceleration & keep the DPI at 2000. SetPoint is a great app since it stops Windows from tinkering with the mouse controls.

With my Logitech G5 SE, I use SetPoint to turn off acceleration & keep the DPI at 2000. SetPoint is a great app since it stops Windows from tinkering with the mouse controls.
too bad setpoint's implementation interpolates no matter what you do. You should set it to OS control and set windows sensitivity to the middle notch for 1:1 movement.

That guide is bs. I didn't noticed any difference making circles in paint no matter what the windows sensitivity was set to.

Welcome to the CS world. This is almost as bad as the hitbox Youtube videos....

Hmm, I've never noticed any issues, even when doing photoshop. What exactly is the problem?

its not really a problem, just a side effect of interpolating the mouse input to produce different sensitivities. If you don't see it or it doesn't bother you then no problem, but you could clearly see the difference in the pictures before they were taken down.

For a while I always tried to remove mouse acceleration like it was the plague. I turned it back on yesterday though, and actually it's a lot more efficient for working and navigating in general. A quick flick of the mouse gets your from one corner to the next, and at the same time, moving slowly and navigating menus is more precise.

But, I agree for gaming and drawing it's best turned off.

Well, if that's true & I have the DPI set to max (w/ no acceleration), there wouldn't be any interpolation since the signal isn't being changed to accommodate the shift.

Back