Mouse input lag in Apex Legends

Quiz

Gawd
I've been (trying) to get good at Apex Legends since I started playing in 2019 and have a little over 700 hours of playing (or suffering in) this game. The issue is that there seems to be some really bad mouse input lag in the game which really hinders my aiming and tracking. I've tried researching and all but still have not come across a solution that actually worked for me. This is the only game where the mouse feels off. Also, in Titanfall 2 (which is made by the same developer) does not have this issue and the mouse in that game feels pretty much perfect. The best way to describe what I am experiencing is it's as if I am using my mouse on glass where not all movement inputs register accurately and the mouse input trails/lags behind the actual mouse movement. Mouse just does not feel accurate and precise. I also play Battlefield V and the mouse feels perfect in that game.

I originally started play when I had a wired G502 but still had the issue. Now I'm using a wireless G PRO X SUPERLIGHT and still have the issue.

What the heck could it be? I watch these Apex Legends players aiming perfectly but don't understand how they do it if the input is like this. Is it just a game/game engine issue? Why doesn't Titanfall 2 have this issue then? If you read online, you come across many posts complaining about mouse input stutter/lag in this game.

Last edited:
google says to cap your fps to what your average is and or lower your mouse polling rate.

Reactions: Quiz
like this
The game has very high input and network lag compared to other competitive games. Best you can do is mitigate it by lowering settings, capping fps, and turning on gsync.

Reactions: Quiz
like this
Thanks for the replies.

I was already running at the lowest settings with G-SYNC enabled. However, I tried capping my fps to 100 and damn, made a massive improvement to the input lag. Not sure if the input lag is as "perfect" like in Titanfall 2 and Battlefield V but it is massively improved with the capped fps.

Just for knowledge's sake, why does capping fps improve input lag? Does it work with all games?

Thanks for the replies.

I was already running at the lowest settings with G-SYNC enabled. However, I tried capping my fps to 100 and damn, made a massive improvement to the input lag. Not sure if the input lag is as "perfect" like in Titanfall 2 and Battlefield V but it is massively improved with the capped fps.

Just for knowledge's sake, why does capping fps improve input lag? Does it work with all games?
good.
not sure, i never noticed issue like that in Apex but i was playing locked to 60fps.

Thanks for the replies.

When you run uncapped it maxes out your GPU or CPU which usually causes higher input lag. I don't have a more detailed explanation.

Battle(non)sense did a video on this a few years ago.

I recommend watching his videos if you play competitive games. He goes over a lot of things like Input-Lag, G-Sync, Netcode, Bufferbloat, etc. He nolonger makes videos though.

Back