Mouse issues on Snow Leopard

I recently got a new razer imperator gaming mouse and am having some issues with using it on my mac. I dual boot with windows 7 and in windows there are no problems whatsoever. But, when I restart and boot up SL, the mouse is not recognized. Rarely, it will work after a reboot, but almost always I have to reach behind the comp and unplug it, then plug it back in. Razer has a driver for OS X but it doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't fix the issue, and moreover it doesn't seem like the driver actually functions - changing the settings does nothing. Anyone have a fix, maybe not specifically for this mouse, but for this type of problem in general?

I've never had any issues with my Diamondback and all my macs. When you plug the mouse back in, does it start to function normally again?

I've never had any issues with my Diamondback and all my macs. When you plug the mouse back in, does it start to function normally again?

Yep...it takes a few seconds to "initialize" and then it works as if nothing happened. I forgot to mention that this is a "hackintosh", but this issue has never happened with any other mice, including my old razer copperhead. Do you think that being said, it's safe to assume that being the source of the problem? I will also note that everything, EVERYTHING, works perfectly. This is the only issue I've come across yet.

Back