Mouse Jittering Around

InnocentNoobie

Limp Gawd
I have a problem with my mouse that involves it the cursor jittering in random directions on my screen when I try to move it. The problem is very intermittent.

Originally I thought it was my mouse, an MX518, so I replaced it with a G5, but I still get the problem. My motherboard is a P5Q Pro. I've tried multiple USB ports as well.

I have no idea what might be causing this. I have the Logitech drivers installed. I wish I knew how to fix it -- It really ruins my gaming fun when it happens.

Edit:
OMG someone please help me with this!!!

I posted a screenshot to show you what it's like:

Here is another one:

In these photos you can see me trying to move my cursor in straight or curved lines in MS Paint. Every so often everything goes haywire and the mouse wont move vertically in a straight line. Apparently I can still basically make precise horizontal movements, but vertical movements make the cursor go all over the place. In the second photo I am trying as hard as I can to move my cursor in straight verticle lines. THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

Last edited:
I'm running windows Vista. I'm into competitive gaming and am very picky about the mouse I use and would prefer not to use a ps2 mouse. mouse accel is turned off.

Edit: I'm running windows vista, not 7

Last edited:
OMG someone please help me with this!!!

I posted a screenshot to show you what it's like:

Here is another one:

In these photos you can see me trying to move my cursor in straight or curved lines in MS Paint. Every so often everything goes haywire and the mouse wont move vertically in a straight line. Apparently I can still basically make precise horizontal movements, but vertical movements make the cursor go all over the place.

If your mouse surface is hard like mine, try giving it a good cleaning.
Funny I've had problems similar to this and cleaned my mouse pad it fixed it for me.
The first time i had this happen i thought someone else was trying to control my mouse at the same time i was, lol.

Are you using a mousepad or surfance that has lines/letters/shapes/grains on it? You need a single solid color, no transparency surface for a mouse pad.

yes,this is not an issue with the mouse surface. this is an intermittent problem that i have witnessed to occur regardless of the type or cleanliness of the mouse surface.

You've probably already done this but just go through the logitch setpoint thing and fiddle with all the settings. I think those drivers just 'push' the settings directly to windows so it may be the culprit independent of uninstalling them.

You've probably already done this but just go through the logitch setpoint thing and fiddle with all the settings. I think those drivers just 'push' the settings directly to windows so it may be the culprit independent of uninstalling them.

Completely disabling the logtech setpoint software actually fixed it. I now just use the cpl_mouse_fix to get rid of mouse acceleration and everything is fine again, except i guess i'm not running at super high DPI but whatever

edit: goddamnit this is back again.

I purchased this G5 because my mx500 was also having intermittent problems... This is so fucking frustrating... I just have no idea how to fix it and it ruins my gaming fun

Back