Mouse keeps on disconnect then reconnecting to computer...

crhscoog

Gawd
Mouse keeps on disconnect then reconnecting to computer. Just moved out to my apartments and noticed my mouse would keep turning on and off. THe noice the computer makes when you connect or disconnect a device keeps on going and has been very annoying. What may be wrong with my mouse? Is it broken? It never did this back at home... Mouse is a basic Microsoft USB mouse w/ a wheel.

try using another USB port

THe noice the computer makes when you connect or disconnect a device keeps on going and has been very annoying.

it makes noise??? :confused:

I'm assumeing the noise that you are talking about is the wav file that plays when you plug a thumbdrive in etc...... if it is playing it constantly im not sure whats wrong. unless your mouse is crapping out.. but since you just moved. check the usb and see if they look like the other usb's on your computer make sure their not bent.

yeah ive tried several usb ports with same result.

the noise is the du-nah.. the computer (through speakers) makes when u connect devices through usb. just gets really annoying since the mouse is disconnect and reconnecting so frequently.

im guessing the mouse is crapping out on me but hope not.

My best guess is there is a broken wire in the cable that connects to the PC. When you move the mouse the wires move and you loose the connection, then they touch together for an instant and reconnect.

Back