Mouse stuttering during BF2 gameplay. Can't figure it out.. Help?

PlaneCrazy

Limp Gawd
I searched google/this forum, but can't seem to find anything like my problem. This seems to be only happening in Battlefield 2

First I should say that I just built a totally new system, the old system specs were:
p4 2.4
Asus P4PE
ATI 9800Pro
512mb RAM

New system:
Asus A8N- SLI
EVGA 7800GT
1gb (512x2) PC 3200 Crucial Ballistix RAM
A64 3700+ San Diego

Ok, here's the problem.. The video does not stutter, it's the mouse. Like, if I'm running foward, then move the mouse to the right, I'll start moving right for about a split second, then the right movement will freeze (but I'll still be running foward, so the video's not freezing) then it will catch again and move. It's VERY annoying, and kills me sometimes. It never did this on my old system (same mouse) just on my new one.. And sometimes, it'll wait a map or two before it starts happening.. It won't happen right away, I'll have to play for like 10- 20mins.

Things I've tried:
* lowering all settings to medium
* turning mouse sensitivity up/down
* reloading mouse drivers (logitech MX310)
* newest video drivers

Is 1gb RAM sufficient at high vid settings? I pretty much run everything at high except lighting at medium, 4X AA (tried both having it controlled by the game, and by the card) and 1024x768 res. What else can I try to kill this problem?

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

MrWolf710 said:
You need 2 gigs of RAM.

Well, when I played on my old system with 512mb of RAM I did not get this mouse stutter.

Also, I just ordered another GB of RAM.

I'd also yank the Logitech mouse software. That stuff just always seems to make my mice behave much worse than using whatever drivers Windows gives it.

MrWolf710 said:
You need 2 gigs of RAM.

Lack of ram means the whole game freezes for a split second while large chunks of data are moved from the harddrive. In his case, the framerate is constant so it can't be the ram.

Gonna have a look at that link, with my system i'm gonna need all the optimizations i can get too :D

Ok, well I did that whole BF2 optimization, and I uninstalled the logitech drivers, and it's back to normal. I did it all at the same time so I have no clue what did what.

The only thing I found that didn't work well on that optimize site is making the batch file to prioritize BF2. It seemed to give me constant chop every 2 seconds or so like it was clocking.. I quit and ran again by the regular shortcut, went back in the same server, and it was gone.

Either way - I'm happy it's back to normal - thanks! Hope it lasts! :D

Back