Mousepad recomendations - func1030 replacment

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
I've been using a func1030 pad for about 10 years now, I'm currently on my 3rd pad.

Unfortunately the center is getting worn so badly that the mouse isn't gliding anywhere near as easily as it should anymore.

Normal func1030 pads come with two textures and I've always used the rough texture. My last pad was a custom pad I had made through their site and I had them do rough on both sides so this mousepad has lasted me twice as long as the first two, but definitely needs to be replaced at this point.

Another thing I like about the 1030 is that it's rectangular, meaning I can rotate it in any direction I want to in order to even out wear on the pad. I never got one of their func archetype pads because it would have meant I couldn't rotate it and I probably would have got half the life out of that pad.

The only func pads I can find still for sale are on Amazon, but every vendor seems to have the same story. They list it as in-stock but after you place your order you get a notification that the product isn't in stock (how nice it must be to be a retailer and not actually have to stock the crap you sell :rolleyes:)

So, I'm searching now for a new pad.

-Must be rectangular (no crescent where the wrist goes, etc)
-Must not be cloth
-Surface texture needs to allow for smooth mouse movement, slow wearing, but also provide enough resistance to allow for mousing accuracy (similar to func rough texture).

SteelSeries NP+ looks like it may fit your specs: rectangle and rough friction. And although the SteelSeries HD9 is not rectangle, it looks like it might be tough enough, and provides medium friction.

Preferring rough pads are unusual to me: I find trying to overcome friction to move minutely to be more of a hindrance than an improvement. Best of luck on your search =)

When i said "rough" I was really just referring to the func rough texture (as opposed to the func smooth texture). All of their pads came with 2 sides, rough and smooth. But even the "rough" side of a func pad is still smoother than many other pads.

I'm still looking for a pad where the mouse glides well, just not one that is so slick that the mouse wants to go flying off the pad with the slightest touch. The surface should provide some resistance.

The Steelseries pads look interesting but they are cloth and I'm not really looking for a cloth pad.

When I read "high compressed textile fibers" I didn't really equate it to cloth.

Back