Movie Scenes Caught By Street View?

And... where are the cameras ?? Crew ??

don't see even a show of them.

Sorry but there's like at least 20-30 persons crew for every movie scene.. where are they ??

.. I might be wrong but...

The one with the Truck and the Joker Face is Stephen Kings "Maximum Overdrive". A fun little sleeper of a ditty.

Never mind what I just said.. I just "understood" what this is about.

Need to get out of work..

For some reason I wanna say #4 is "Silence Of The Lambs". One of her flash-backs to her child years.

Probably totally wrong though.

At first I was impressed. Like, "wow. Lots of people came together to recreate moments from movies for Google street view cars to capture." Then, I realized that they are more or less all fake, photoshopped images. Nice try though.

I think we have:

Bourne Identity, Smokey and the Bandit, Vanishing Point, No Country for Old Men, Goodfellas?, and Maximum Overdrive (fear Emilio Estevez no less).

Wonder how they got the timing down for these.

Two are easy to figure out, the others I have no idea.

Sheriffs car in Texas: Smokey and the Bandit I
Texaco Gas Station: Back to the Future I

Also, after clicking through to the main site, most of these are shopped, with the still being lifted from the movie and Google Streetview overlayed.

In the BTTF one you can see Michael J. Fox standing on the side, and when typing the address into Google, it doesn't exist (Hill Valley was made up for the film).

I don't get it. One of the scenes is from Goodfellas, but that movie was filmed pre-1990.

I don't get it. One of the scenes is from Goodfellas, but that movie was filmed pre-1990.

So was Maximum Overdrive.

The only way some of this are in there is if Google bought stuff from things shot in the 80's and 90's from companies doing for other original purposes most likely excluding the internet.

It isn't shots of the actual movies, it's shots people have set up to look like the movies. One of them, the 1970 Challenger, is Vanishing Point, filmed in 1971.

It isn't shots of the actual movies, it's shots people have set up to look like the movies. One of them, the 1970 Challenger, is Vanishing Point, filmed in 1971.

Some of them are shots from the actual movies, probably taken from a HD rip to preserve quality.

Thank you. For a minute I thought I was either tripping on shrooms or had just discovered that time travel was real. :eek:

As far as the last one goes,Streetview didn't exist in 1985/86. I don't think Google even existed then.

Yeah, I don't think so. Google wasn't around in the 70's and 80's for some of those movies ;-)

Long Island Expressway is definitely one of the Godfather movies. The tollbooth clerks are a little agitated.

Starting with the top left is The Borne Identity, Smokey and the Bandit, Vanishing Point.
No Country for Old Men, Goodfellas, Maximum Overdrive. ;)

Not impressed. Now, set up these scenes in real time and get captured by the Google camera and I will get excited.

Back