MSATA SSD question.

Private_Ops

[H]ard|Gawd
Lookin at an Asrock mini itx a88x board. Its equipped with an mSATA port and states it works with half/full cards.

Whats the difference? The manual doesnt state anything about card lengths supported either.

I havent looked into mSATA cards before so I'm a little confused.

Lookin at an Asrock mini itx a88x board. Its equipped with an mSATA port and states it works with half/full cards.

Whats the difference? The manual doesnt state anything about card lengths supported either.

I havent looked into mSATA cards before so I'm a little confused.

half/full is the length of the card. So an MX200 or EVO mSATA will work just fine but I would go with an itx board with m.2 since mSATA is dead.

half/full is the length of the card. So an MX200 or EVO mSATA will work just fine but I would go with an itx board with m.2 since mSATA is dead.

How is Crucials software for their SSDs? I've been using an intel (and there software) for bout the last two years.

K thats what i thought. I have used samsung and Sandisk and i never really worried about it. I found sandisk super glitchy. I use HDD Sentinel and that program is bomb.

Yea, their managment software? Like Intels or Samsungs?

It's Java based and a bit slow to start up. (have a BX100 and BX200 in different machines)

Having said that one only needs it a few times tops, once to set overprovisioning if you want to and then once in a while to check for and apply firmware updates.

Back