MSI 260 GTX (192) Open Box- $157.5 +SH

I bought this exact card back in October and it was defective. There were artifacts at the (stock) factory overclocked speeds.

Sent it back and bought an Evga instead and overclocked it past the MSI card. It's stable with no problems. I probably won't be buying another MSI for a long time.

and you don't think it was more of an issue of the card being an open box?

The card I bought was not open box. It was brand new retail. I think it was because MSI was factory overclocking them too much without the quality assurance controls.

I've been using a MSI GTX 260 since like the middle of december with no issues using factory OC speeds. Now only if my $20 dollar rebate shows up soon, only been a month and a few days, so I guess its up to 8 weeks for a MIR :(

I've been using a MSI GTX 260 since like the middle of december with no issues using factory OC speeds. Now only if my $20 dollar rebate shows up soon, only been a month and a few days, so I guess its up to 8 weeks for a MIR :(

Same here. Got it for like $155 in December with all that cashback instant off deal. If the rebate ever comes, it will have been $135.

Runs great. Max temp I ever recorded was 71. I think most 260GTXs are in that range. Idles at 48.

yes haha I did the same. I couldn't resist. $121 is amazing for this card. Does your card run at 620? The specs on my card say 575, but mine came at 620.

My last open box purchase was a 6800GT and it worked fine for the first few minutes and then started to artifact in games. I figured it was a loose heatsink, but everything checked out, added some more thermal paste, but still got artifacts. Sent it back and bought a new one. Its a crap shoot, so long as you keep that in mind when you buy...

I have that very MSI GTX 260. I ordered two, one for me, and one for my friend. One came with the box and all accessories, and one did not. Got them both open box. They have been running perfectly since early December.

Just received mine, and I think it's new - the card was sealed with the yellow "break-in" sticker, all accessories were sealed in the bag, came with manuals.. drivers... box.

Guess there was a time war? My thread in the hot deals is gone, lol. Anyways, I have 2 of these and they work fine. They came with everything also!

This thread was indeed CLOSED.

It's obviously open again but is now minus the argumentative posts that discussed whether Open Box items are indeed a "deal" and whether they should be posted in this forum. Several posts I made regarding this dilemma (as well as posts from other members) have been deleted from this re-opened thread. Strange indeed. :rolleyes:

This should be moved to the hot deals discussion section. If you don't like open box, then just stay out of this and let us who got on this enjoy/discuss this.

I will NOT stay out of anything, I'm welcome to post my opinion freely in ANY forum, in ANY thread and respond to ANY post. Don't like it? Toooo Baaaad. lol :D

Sure, until they all get deleted and you get boned. Don't like it? Toooo Baaaad. lol :D

I'd really like to see you say 'Anything' 'anywhere' and not get banned.

I'd really like to see you not respond to my posts by taking it out of context. I was responding to a post that told me to "just stay out of this". In that context I have every right to respond freely in ANY forum, in ANY thread and to ANY post. How does informing someone of my rights equate to "I'd really like to see you say 'Anything' 'anywhere' " :rolleyes:

Sure, until they all get deleted and you get boned. Don't like it? Toooo Baaaad. lol :D

Yeah that'll certainly get me "boned" :eek: Whatever...

Difference is I actually have a stake here with a purchase while you are just um, trolling?

Difference is I don't care if you have 20 of these cards. I can reply to any post I wish and give feedback. I simply informed people (because it was asked in this thread) what an Open Box item is, and more importantly, what it is not, which is, it is not a refurbished item at all and has no warranty beyond the newegg 15 day return policy.

If you want to call me out for "trolling" for posting a reply with important factual information to questions that were clearly brought up in this thread, then there's a whole forum full of us "trollers". You've got your work cut out for you there, Mr lowteckh. :p

Furthermore, when someone posts for me to "just stay out of this" you can bet I'm going to quickly come back with a "make me tough guy" response. :D Oh wait, I forgot, that might get me "boned" :rolleyes:

Great, here we go again. I asked to have to thread closed the first time because of the drama. However, this is a really good deal. If you can get past the personal agendas you can get a gtx 260 at the cheapest price I have seen anywhere. This deal comes and goes a lot so you have to keep checking it and you have to decide whether you can live with a very short warranty and an uncertain rebate . If you can live with that you have an excellent card for an awesome price.

BTW, I didn't buy one of these. I waited and bought the EVGA superclock for $239 (219 AR) because I keep my video cards for 8 months+ and then pass them on to a family member. I feel better with EVGA's warranty and quality. Like I said before, this is an awesome deal but its not for everyone (including me).

Prior informative posts got deleted from this thread. But you can get a brand new MSI GTX 260 for $184.99 after $30 MIR. New card, full warranty. IMHO, that's an "awesome deal". But to each their own I reckon.

Damn, you guys are sensitive with all the "just stay out of this " and "move on" crap. Take a chill pill already. Not everyone has to agree with you on this is an "awesome deal". And don't get your panties all in a bunch just because I informed people (people who asked mind you) what the "deal" was with these MSI Open Box cards.

You informed us already, move on.

I'll "move on" when I damn well feel like moving on. :D

P.S. your "brand new card" (as you call it) has NO warranty what so ever! :eek:

FYI, I bought an old 6800GT (?) open box from Newegg and RMA'd it via the manufacturer twice. Some kind of design flaw with the memory or somesuch as I recall, no problem at all for how it was marketed at Newegg. I've also bought numerous other items open box at Newegg, some came bare in the antistatic bag, some seemingly full retail or more (I think I got a motherboard with someone's thermal paste in it!)

P.S. your "brand new card" (as you call it) has NO warranty what so ever! :eek:

Not everyone gives a damn about warranty :eek::eek::eek::eek:
And not everyone keeps their hardware long enough to care :eek::eek::eek::eek:

"As I call it"; LMAO, cuz used cards come in sealed packaging + sealed stickers right?

Not everyone gives a damn about warranty :eek::eek::eek::eek:
And not everyone keeps their hardware long enough to care :eek::eek::eek::eek:

True, but for this ailing economy you might just have too. I am a good example usually buy every 8-12 months its been 13 months and I haven't even bought a new one yet.

True, but for this ailing economy you might just have too. I am a good example usually buy every 8-12 months its been 13 months and I haven't even bought a new one yet.

:confused::confused: Now this is very YMMV since not everyone is working off reduced salaries, laid off, or affected by the "depression". Guy was trashing open boxes like everything that applies to him applies to everyone.

Back