MSI geforce 6150 instock @ the egg

sleepeeg3 said:
Probably that other post where I asked the same thing and never got a response. He picked a good name.

Really. Well maybe you should read the post. When I listed it in my post, and another I stated that I e-mailed DFI, and asked them when we might see a mATX board from them. I got a reply from Customer Service saying January 06, they are releasing a 6150 based mATX.

*edit* also Im so sorry if I dont respond within minutes to any questions, as I am currently working 16hr days, 7 days a week. So sorry If I dont have hours to burn on the internet.

Stupid_Newbie said:
*edit* also Im so sorry if I dont respond within minutes to any questions, as I am currently working 16hr days, 7 days a week. So sorry If I dont have hours to burn on the internet.

haha

sorry had to

heh I dont mind. 2 weeks of suffing will give me a check worth ~3500, so I can buy my new system right away, though Id like to see if DFI comes to the table like they say .

So far a positive review of the MSI board on the egg.

I can't wait to get mine and I'll post impressions. This seems like the ultimate 6150 board so far. DVI, Comonent bracket. I only wish it came with SPDIF as well.

TESLA said:
It can hold any s939 Opteron. Dual core Opterons tend to be cheaper in the mid-range.

The on-board video will simply allow you to use an extra monitor if you choose.

It also is a nice back-up in case something goes wrong.

when you add a videocard to the PCIe slot it disbales onbaord video compleatly. You can no use both PCIe addin card and onboard at the same time. You never have been able too in the past either.

EDIT: sorry i didnt relize you were talking about the dual head onboard....

FooTemps said:
Went over both manuals... I guess you were right. Shows me that I shouldn't trust people posting here before I check it out myself. lol, too much hype, not enough truth.

teh geForce has slightly more..nothing to write home about though.

Just got my MSI board.

Now THIS is a motherboard. I don't know what gigabyte was trying to pass off but this is how it should be done. The bios has a heap of features and the DVI and component connections works flawlessly. The list of available accessories is also very nice. Although all are not included (but most are), the options that come with this board make it best best of the 6150 series IMO.

We are all waiting on the overclocking options for the MSI board. Can you go into BIOS and check on these:

Max FSB
Max Vcore Voltage
Max VDimm Voltage (memory voltage)
Any Memory Dividers ?
Any HTT Ratio options ?
Can you adjust timings on the RAM ?
1T, 2T option for RAM ?

am I missing any other overclocking options ??

agentzero9 said:
Just got my MSI board.

Now THIS is a motherboard. I don't know what gigabyte was trying to pass off but this is how it should be done. The bios has a heap of features and the DVI and component connections works flawlessly. The list of available accessories is also very nice. Although all are not included (but most are), the options that come with this board make it best best of the 6150 series IMO.

"We are all waiting on the overclocking options for the MSI board."

Me, too! I'm contemplating a switch to an X-Qpack and this board...I hear about some good OC options and I'll bite. :D

MiG29TangentBoy said:
"We are all waiting on the overclocking options for the MSI board."

Me, too! I'm contemplating a switch to an X-Qpack and this board...I hear about some good OC options and I'll bite. :D

hehe..i have already done that with the Biostar Tforce board.

Note:
I went for the Chenming clone instead of the Aspire QPACK case.

the Chenming has window only on one side. It is great if you want a Qpack with a window but hate the windows on all 3 sides (i hate this version).

If you want the window: get the Chenming clone
else get the no window version and you will be glad.

Short review here . Sorry it is in french.
They say it has oc'ing options, VCORE and memory latency settings but is so sad if VDIMM is only up to 2.55V :(

Boy, that French review was a hard, but interesting, read even when translating it through google.

Thanks for the linkage.

- JT

Mihai Lacatus said:
Short review here . Sorry it is in french.
They say it has oc'ing options, VCORE and memory latency settings but is so sad if VDIMM is only up to 2.55V :(
wtf doesnt a lot of ram run stock 2.7V?

Soymilk said:
wtf doesnt a lot of ram run stock 2.7V?

2.6 is standard / stock for many sticks, but some sticks work better at higher voltages and some sticks specificy higher voltages. I would hope the MSI board allows a higher VDIMM than 2.55. The Foxconn 6150 board goes up to 2.85.

qadsan said:
2.6 is standard / stock for many sticks, but some sticks work better at higher voltages and some sticks specificy higher voltages. I would hope the MSI board allows a higher VDIMM than 2.55. The Foxconn 6150 board goes up to 2.85.

stock DDR is 2.5v, and yea alot of preformence ram calles for 2.7v (even thought thats out of specs for DDR and the motherboard will default it to 2.5v)

Hum... On the MSI website it says this about the board and memory voltage:

Supports 2.5v DDR SDRAM DIMM
Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.
Example: Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000 operates at 2.65V, 3-4-4-8, CL=3.
For more information about specification of high performance memory modules, please check with your Memory Manufactures for more details

Now if this supports that the memory voltage will only got to 2.55, or says that it will go higher I dont know. Maybe in the review that was not the max voltage, but just the default one seeing as the never talked about pumping up the FSB or any thing.

I wish some one that has one of these things will just look in there bios and see what the options are and post is. I have to decide by Sunday night/Monday morning about what mother board I'm going with. :(

Heck, my Crucial Ballistix wants 2.8v or it's unhappy. I really hope this board can do 2.8-2.9 VDIMM or I can't use it for my next build. :(

hmm memory booster? ov 3.3v mod? if you really desprait, maybe a 3.3v mod powered by a secound PSU (small one) so you can lower the 3.3v line to like 2.9v lol

So this MSI board has no OCing options? I thought it had corecell? Does anyone have it yet? i think im going to return my biostar for this mobo...

Dillusion said:
So this MSI board has no OCing options? I thought it had corecell? Does anyone have it yet? i think im going to return my biostar for this mobo...

patience, my old padawan ,

agentzero9 here on the forums has one, I wish he'd chime in. I've got one in my cart that I am thinking of 'checking out' tonight but don't quite have enough $$$ to get a full system online, I should be able to get enough components together to POST the bitch though and help answer alot of questions.

If everything is in stock in NewEgg's So. Cal warehouse, I'd have everything in my hands on Tuesday as I live 25 miles from the warehouse. We'll see.

- JT

Damnit... I'm sick of waiting on this. I'm pulling the trigger and if it's no good, I'll RMA it.

sir_pyro said:
Damnit... I'm sick of waiting on this. I'm pulling the trigger and if it's no good, I'll RMA it.
woot! and u can let everyone else know the options :D

Well, we know it has the options, but the settings that we can get look to be the problem.... At least I can hope for a bios upgrade like the one for the Koolance rig in my sig... It took the max FSB from 224 to 400mhz! :D

Then it started with all these freken CMOS errors and now it wont book or keep any bios setitngs :confused:

sir_pyro said:
Then it started with all these freken CMOS errors and now it wont book or keep any bios setitngs :confused:

order a new bios chip from shuttle or here
http://www.badflash.com/findbios.htm

or here
http://www.biosman.com/replacement.htm

i will stick with my biostar 939 for now. i use a 7800gt so the lack of dvi/tv out is no prob. why swap out a killer oc board for a maybe and the doubtful perf boost of sata2? and it is said "he who wears the case sticker of the msi is assured of rma in the coming year"

The shuttle is still good, there biose flashing utility works GREAT on that thing! I love the quality on those shuttles, but they just dont have the room for me to have some fun. That's why I'm getting this motherbord and a X-Qpack to replace it.

The ASUS A7N8X 2.0 in my tower at home is the one that's screwed. I can still get it into windows at rougly 1/3 the power (100mhz fps vs 220mhz normally), but it takes a lot of banging on it to get it to go through. I reflashed it again, and then tryed to get the bios it's self to flash it's self from the flopy, and then it says bad checsum on the upgrade... Maybe I just need to try an old version of the bios rom.

sir_pyro said:
The shuttle is still good, there biose flashing utility works GREAT on that thing! I love the quality on those shuttles, but they just dont have the room for me to have some fun. That's why I'm getting this motherbord and a X-Qpack to replace it.

The ASUS A7N8X 2.0 in my tower at home is the one that's screwed. I can still get it into windows at rougly 1/3 the power (100mhz fps vs 220mhz normally), but it takes a lot of banging on it to get it to go through. I reflashed it again, and then tryed to get the bios it's self to flash it's self from the flopy, and then it says bad checsum on the upgrade... Maybe I just need to try an old version of the bios rom.

order a new bios chip from asus or here
http://www.badflash.com/findbios.htm

or here
http://www.biosman.com/replacement.htm

that is, of course, if you ever want it to work again.
good luck.

sorry for ot. just trying to help. i am just a helpful type of guy. it was said "he who wears the hat of the helper is assured of prominence in the coming year"

edit i know. "he who wears the suit of the ot is assured of 1 month ban in the coming year"

Mine will be here today, as soon as I have it installed I will let you all know the OC potential and the memory voltage settings. :D

got it today...

multi's from 3 to 15
vdimm from 2.55 to 3.1
and a whole slew of timing and overclocking options, but can't find vcore options anywhere.

will have to play around with it some more, but so far so good, up to 240X10 on my venice running 1:1 with memory.

-dan

Back