MSI GeForce GTX 780 Gaming

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another review of the MSI GeForce GTX 780 Gaming has popped up on the internet. This time around it is the crew at Guru3D doing the reviewing.

In this review we test the GeForce GTX 780 Gaming edition from MSI. Overall the card is almost as fast as a GeForce GTX Titan, 100% cool and extraordinary silent. The graphics card comes with a nice factory overclock and the very lovely TwinFrozr IV cooler that has two silent 90mm fans. We test the product with the hottest games like Grid 2, Metro: Last light, Battlefield 3, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Hitman Absolution and many more.

Last edited:
testing @ 1080p with a 780 seems silly! such overkill for that resolution

need those 1600p benchmarks! still trying to decide on a 780 or another 670

testing @ 1080p with a 780 seems silly! such overkill for that resolution

need those 1600p benchmarks! still trying to decide on a 780 or another 670

What about 3D? I need something beefy for 3D, but I'm holding out to see what AMD has first. ;)

Just got the msi gt60 gtx 680m only 1200, the 780m is nice but dang that price tag...

never will understand why they dont show minimum fps numbers. min fps is so much more important than average/max.

I wonder why they put only 90mm fans on the 780 version but 100mm fans on the 770. That makes no sense...

I wonder why they put only 90mm fans on the 780 version but 100mm fans on the 770. That makes no sense...

On the last page (Conclusion) under Aesthetics - "This revision is a dual-slot solution with 10cm fans, which I think just looks great. " 10cm = 100mm. Looks like he messed up on the first page since NewEgg also has the fans listed at 10cm. Or am I getting confused with something else?

Last edited:
How does this one compare to the Gigabyte 780 Windforce 3 OC Edition? I can't decide between the two. :( lol

Flip a coin.

They're all great cards. Regardless of what any website provided with a hand picked sample will have you believe, the only things that matter with these cards are PCB quality and cooler quality. The SC ACX is a great card, but it really isn't any better or worse than the MSI gaming or the Windforce by Gigabyte. Overclocks achieved in a review will not translate to a user overclock since you will not be getting a handpicked card as a reviewer would, all of these cards are equally capable in terms of overclocking.

That said, I do think the MSI gaming has a better cooler than the SC ACX. It is quieter and cooler at load by a slim margin. Not that the SC ACX is bad, mind you, these are all *fantastic* cards. Which is why i'm saying, flip a coin. You won't be getting a better or worse card regardless of which one you choose. IMO. Overclocking is a complete luck of draw.

I like it. Both the MSI gaming and the Asus DC2 have awesome color schemes :) Matches ROG motherboards, as well.

Sweet card, I'm currently running, now an old school eVga GTX-680 4GB +FTW. Was a kick ass card last year, not so much now :(

In BF3 it shows roughly a 1/3rd improvement over my GTX-680, overall this MSI-780 is on average 30% to 35% faster performance over a GTX-680, not too shabby. But I'll wait till they drop in price, hopefully cheaper by the time BF4 is released this Fall ?

Last edited:
Back