MSI GT683R 15.6" BAREBONE Laptop (GTX 560M) $539.99 Shipped

A15G

Supreme [H]ardness
This isn't a hot deal or a warm deal, however for some that may be different.

This was a good deal for me because I have all the necessary parts to make the laptop come alive.

This is ideal for those who have extra laptop parts laying around, or maybe a dead laptop with the parts that are compatible with this MSI. Let's just say you did, and you bought this. It'll outperform most laptops being sold at this price at local stores and even online.

Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300852149215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This accepts i3/i5/i7 SANDY BRIDGE processors. Even if all you're missing is the processor, buying one for it and in the end it'll probably still be a good deal.

Specs

- i3/i5/i7 Sandy Bridge Processors
- NVIDIA GTX 560M 1.5GB GDDR5
- NO HDD (Can find easily on forums for CHEAP!)
- NO RAM (Can find easiler on forums for CHEAP!)
- NO OS
- NO WIFI (eBay has tons of these.)
- DVD-CD/RW
- 15.6" 1920x1080P
- DynaAudio
- USB 3.0

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This isn't a hot deal or a warm deal, however for some that may be different.

This was a good deal for me because I have all the necessary parts to make the laptop come alive.

This is ideal for those who have extra laptop parts laying around, or maybe a dead laptop with the parts that are compatible with this MSI. Let's just say you did, and you bought this. It'll outperform most laptops being sold at this price at local stores and even online.

Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300852149215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This accepts i3/i5/i7 SANDY BRIDGE processors. Even if all you're missing is the processor, buying one for it and in the end it'll probably still be a good deal.

Specs

- i3/i5/i7 Sandy Bridge Processors
- NVIDIA GTX 560M 1.5GB GDDR5
- NO HDD (Can find easily on forums for CHEAP!)
- NO RAM (Can find easiler on forums for CHEAP!)
- NO OS
- NO WIFI (eBay has tons of these.)
- DVD-CD/RW
- 15.6" 1920x1080P
- DynaAudio
- USB 3.0

I really don't think this is a deal of any kind, and consider it cold to frigid.

The 560M is equivalent to the 650M which is solid but nothing incredible. A spare i7-3630QM processor (normal mobile i7 Ivy Bridge) will run you $250 on ebay , not to mention the other parts and work. It can be seen a s a personal project, but in the end, you are paying more for this, than for a modern NEW laptop with 1080p and 650M (or better), and of course no guarantee to fall back upon if something goes wrong.

Heck, right now you can buy a new Lenovo laptop with 1080p, and DUAL 650M SLI for $900, though with an i5 Ivy Bridge. If tinkering is your thing, buy that, then replace the CPU with an i7 off ebay (selling the i5 later), and still walk away with a far more interesting rig.

This is not a bad laptop even if it is a slightly older model. However, the problem is that you can buy a decent laptop for around the same price.

The one thing that OEM companies have an advantage over consumer builds, whether laptops or desktops, is buying parts directly from manufacturers and/or wholesale in bulk. This allows them to build a from scratch laptop or desktop PC at a low cost, then sell high for a profit.

If I were to get a laptop like this, I'd spend probably have spent around close to $1000 to $1200 total after I get all the parts myself. Probably for the same price, I can buy a better laptop with a better graphics card with warranty.

Then again, if you have a dead laptop with compatible parts (hopefully just a dead board and/or dead screen), then this is great for you.

I really don't think this is a deal of any kind, and consider it cold to frigid.

The 560M is equivalent to the 650M which is solid but nothing incredible. A spare i7-3630QM processor (normal mobile i7 Ivy Bridge) will run you $250 on ebay , not to mention the other parts and work. It can be seen a s a personal project, but in the end, you are paying more for this, than for a modern NEW laptop with 1080p and 650M (or better), and of course no guarantee to fall back upon if something goes wrong.

Heck, right now you can buy a new Lenovo laptop with 1080p, and DUAL 650M SLI for $900, though with an i5 Ivy Bridge. If tinkering is your thing, buy that, then replace the CPU with an i7 off ebay (selling the i5 later), and still walk away with a far more interesting rig.

A 2630QM can be had for way below $350. No one needs the fastest processor on the market, nor do I know if a 3630QM is compatiable with this laptop. It clearly states this laptop accepts sandy bridge processors.

So you are saying if you had something like a 2670qm, 500gb 2.5 hdd, 4gb ddr3 left laying around from a dead laptop, you simply wouldn't buy this? Okay. :confused:

You said you can replace the i5 with and i7 from eBay for the lenovo, correct the "3630qm" that will rack up the $900 price tag to $1150.

This is not a bad laptop even if it is a slightly older model. However, the problem is that you can buy a decent laptop for around the same price.

The one thing that OEM companies have an advantage over consumer builds, whether laptops or desktops, is buying parts directly from manufacturers and/or wholesale in bulk. This allows them to build a from scratch laptop or desktop PC at a low cost, then sell high for a profit.

If I were to get a laptop like this, I'd spend probably have spent around close to $1000 to $1200 total after I get all the parts myself. Probably for the same price, I can buy a better laptop with a better graphics card with warranty.

Then again, if you have a dead laptop with compatible parts (hopefully just a dead board and/or dead screen), then this is great for you.

I said it won't be a good deal for the ones who don't have the missing parts, only good for those who do. Subtle clearly missed that.

A 2630QM can be had for way below $350. No one needs the fastest processor on the market, nor do I know if a 3630QM is compatiable with this laptop. It clearly states this laptop accepts sandy bridge processors.

So you are saying if you had something like a 2670qm, 500gb 2.5 hdd, 4gb ddr3 left laying around from a dead laptop, you simply wouldn't buy this? Okay. :confused:

You said you can replace the i5 with and i7 from eBay for the lenovo, correct the "3630qm" that will rack up the $900 price tag to $1150.

I said it won't be a good deal for the ones who don't have the missing parts, only good for those who do. Subtle clearly missed that.

however, a new board or new screen will cost far less than $500 to buy off ebay and replace yourself. a barebone laptop is interesting, but $500 for one isn't all that interesting.

No, I said that if tinkering was your thing you could do that. You can get the model with the i7 from Newegg for $1050.

I didn't actually miss it, however, your post presumes that people will only be missing everything but the CPU. It points out how easy and cheap one can get the missing RAM, the missing WIFI, etc. presuming that there is no way the person with extra parts might be missing the CPU instead. I was pointing out the rates. In any case, I do not think that the barebones rig for a 2nd gen machine missing most major components is worth $540.

No, I said that if tinkering was your thing you could do that. You can get the model with the i7 from Newegg for $1050.

I didn't actually miss it, however, your post presumes that people will only be missing everything but the CPU. It points out how easy and cheap one can get the missing RAM, the missing WIFI, etc. presuming that there is no way the person with extra parts might be missing the CPU instead. I was pointing out the rates. In any case, I do not think that the barebones rig for a 2nd gen machine missing most major components is worth $540.

It's not worth $540, unless you have the parts. Nuff said to be honest, what are you smoking? If it's not a deal for you, move along.

however, a new board or new screen will cost far less than $500 to buy off ebay and replace yourself. a barebone laptop is interesting, but $500 for one isn't all that interesting.

Maybe the dead laptop had a crappy GPU?

XoticPC also has some Sager and MSI laptops in that price range with 660M, 670M, and 670MX GPUs in them.

It's not worth $540, unless you have the parts. Nuff said to be honest, what are you smoking? If it's not a deal for you, move along.

Maybe the dead laptop had a crappy GPU?

It's not a deal even if you DO have a dead laptop. Because for what you could sell the parts for + $540, you'd still end up ahead buying a laptop direct from Lenovo/Dell/Ect with a warranty...so the next time this happens your laptop can just be fixed by the manufacturer.

It's not a deal even if you DO have a dead laptop. Because for what you could sell the parts for + $540, you'd still end up ahead buying a laptop direct from Lenovo/Dell/Ect with a warranty...so the next time this happens your laptop can just be fixed by the manufacturer.

The barebones are sold out, thanks for your input.

Back