MSI NEO-FISR (my initial impressions)

GSRwBOOST

Limp Gawd
(a little initial review for those like me that do a few searches for stuff before we buy)

It was 169.00 at Fry's in Las Vegas if that matters to anyone.

I "settled" for a MSI NEO-FISR mobo instead of the GIGA-Byte GA-8KNXP, only because my parents bought it for me and because it still had a nice review from Toms Hardware. (yes i still get presents from my parents at 33years old :D )

Installation was easy with the acception of the heatsink I have. The Swiftech MCX4000 was touching the capacitors on the edge of the motherboard and was also resting/pushing against the northbridge? heatsink/fan. A little bending of the capacitors and the heatsink for mobo manipulated a little and it came together easily.

Bios for me was a little hard to get used to. I had problems with the drives being recognized because initially the settings were only working with sata or pata and not both. A few setting changes and I managed to get my 2 ide drives and sata drive working along with both dvd drives.

The cables in the box were a bonus...

Havnt messed with the overclock yet, but it has 4 or 5 settings for the people that dont like to mess with all the little details. The settings change everything automatically for you for overclocking so you dont have to mess with them individually. I'll probably mess with them tonight since I didn't want to stay up all night.

I'll report back with the results, but overall i'm impressed with the board so far.

Back