MSI Neo Plat Ethernet Drivers Wont Install

LyL18

Limp Gawd
I had this mobo running fine, but I recently purcahsed a 74gb Raptor, and I am trying to isntall windows to this. After I finally got it to boot, I install windows, and then try to install MSI's drivers from the CD they gave me. All of the drivers installed except for Nvidia's Ethernet driver... I tried to install this alone, it says it installs correctly, but it doesnt recognize and connections. When i tried to uninstall all of the drivers to start over again, the Ethernet driver isnt even on the list to uninstall, while the other ones are. Ive reformated and reinstalled windows twice now and it still does it.

Anyone ever heard of this?

Well his topic says Neo, whereas your sig says Neo2....a few differences (the 2 Ethernet's, socket 754 versus 939). Once thing you can check is, go into your bios and look for the section that has all ur integrated hardware....I know if you load "Fail-Safe Defaults" it disables it on the Neo. Go in and make sure the nVidia LAN is enabled.

LyL18 said:
I had this mobo running fine, but I recently purcahsed a 74gb Raptor, and I am trying to isntall windows to this. After I finally got it to boot, I install windows, and then try to install MSI's drivers from the CD they gave me. All of the drivers installed except for Nvidia's Ethernet driver... I tried to install this alone, it says it installs correctly, but it doesnt recognize and connections. When i tried to uninstall all of the drivers to start over again, the Ethernet driver isnt even on the list to uninstall, while the other ones are. Ive reformated and reinstalled windows twice now and it still does it.

Anyone ever heard of this?

The driver on the CD is no good,go the Nvidias's web site and download the latest chipset drivers. they also have the latest Lan driver with that set.

when u go into the device manager does it show as an unknown device? or does it not show nething?

tsuehpsyde said:
Well his topic says Neo, whereas your sig says Neo2....a few differences (the 2 Ethernet's, socket 754 versus 939). Once thing you can check is, go into your bios and look for the section that has all ur integrated hardware....I know if you load "Fail-Safe Defaults" it disables it on the Neo. Go in and make sure the nVidia LAN is enabled.

My sig says Neo 250GB....

CMAN said:
The driver on the CD is no good,go the Nvidias's web site and download the latest chipset drivers. they also have the latest Lan driver with that set.

I tried that... Except i got it from the MSI web page. This driver worked before on my last two installs. Its just not installing now... :confused:

todlerix said:
when u go into the device manager does it show as an unknown device? or does it not show nething?

I dont see anything about an ethernet port in my device manager. Under network adapters there is only the "1394 Net Adapter" I am assuming this is where it would show up? Im going to try to reformat again

still nothing :( I dont get it... It worked fine, untill i took out this 80gig and a 15gig IDE HDD, and then started to boot to my Raptor.

also: the light on the back of my ethernet port is lit green when i plug into it from my router, so i dont think anything is broken there...

Okay, i just isntalled a PCI ethernet card, and the internet works. In Network Connections, under the "Internet Gateway" category, the icon shows up just as "Internet Connection". Whenever I try to open up the properties to it, it will popup then close. Very weird.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get my onboard Ethernet to work :(

ah ha! fixed. my ethernet was disabled in my bios! it was changed when i set the fail-proof settings when i was trying to boot to my raptor!

lol, thanks for reading all of my post, where I said if you loaded fail-safe it would disable it :rolleyes: oh well, it's working :p

Oh damn, didnt see that man. Sorry bout that! Does it disable anything else?

Back