MSI Neo Platnium AGP/PCI lock?

btf

Limp Gawd
Is there anyway I can confirm the AGP/PCI lock is working?

Every software I have doesn't report the pci/agp speed (Sandra / CPUID / CPUZ / PC Wizard)

I'm using bios 1.3

Does MSI or someone else make a software to overclock or can you only o/c in bios?

I've heard that it needs to be set to 67 or higher in the BIOS to enable the lock. I believe I can confirm this, as I had lots of issues at 66 (I believe thats the default) when trying to overclock. I set it to 68 and seem to have gotten past my initial problem. I can post and boot windows up to 230, but prime95 dumps after a few minutes. My current guess is that my memory is overheating, because relaxing the timings and decreasing its voltage seemed to help. Anyway, 67 ot 68 for AGP should work.

also, it would seem that SATA does not get locked, so if you have SATA drives, they'll probably go unstable around 245..

You can use ClockGen from the CPU-Z website to confirm your locks.
SATA port 3 and 4 do lock where as 1 and 2 do not. So use 3 and 4 if your going to overclock.

Klaasman said:
SATA port 3 and 4 do lock where as 1 and 2 do not. So use 3 and 4 if your going to overclock.
@ 68 and 235 my hdd blew :0

Klaasman said:
is 3 and 4 the ones by the cpu?

its listed in the manual, and also printed on the mobo. Yes, the ones near the CPU are 3 (on top) and 4 (on the bottom).

I had my main system at 68 and fsb up to 250 and was running good for a day, then the onboard NIC blew out and now can't stay stable above 240 (x10). Will have my new board friday :D

But I noticed there was alot of problems till I upped the voltage on memory and then upped the agp to 68

Klaasman said:

from my understanding none of them lock, but 3 and 4 are more tolerant. guess I'll have to check out the manual again to see if it mentions this at all, but that is what I've read in the forums, and on a few review sites.

I just read the entire manual, and they don't mention anything about a SATA lock.. Judging by the OC's ppl are getting using SATA drives, I think it's safe to say there isn't one..

Back