MSI P55-GD65 Failed -- Need replacement

I sent my GD65 in on an RMA and MSI chose to refund me, no, hey here's a new board, just a mesage to send them an invoice. It's a long story. This was a build for the kids chirstmas present... no ho ho ho on this build.

So I need to buy a new P55 board. Budget is $150-200. I am thinking of staying away from the Foxconn bracket. I have been looking at g'byte ud2 or ud3, and the evga P55 sli and P55 ftw.

Your thoughts will be appreciated and your recommendations considered fully.

Thank you.

If you are wanting to avoid the foxconn socket, the GD65 is only one of a few that doesn't use it and really is a rocksteady mobo. Sucks you got a bummer though, odd they didn't just send you a new mobo.

Yeah that was odd, I was expecting a MSI board returned to me. The email was a single sentence, sor tof odd.

But hey the new EVGA P55SLI went in like a charm last night and ran prime95 alll night long no problems.

I really liked the GD65, belived in it, but MSI took that all away, they didn't even give me a second chance with it. So yeah that was odd. Note to flamers, yes I realize I could have bought another GD65 TYVM.

Back