MSI Power Edition GTX 670 coming?

wheres the amazon link!! i hope they match the price to newegg....$429 is a great price!

Oh well, just bought the gigabyte Windforce GC. It'll be enough for me, and the last time I bought a fancy GTX 670 it was the ASUS TOP, and it didn't run stable at stock clocks, whereas a number of folks have gotten good OC's on the Gigabyte cards.

Screw trusting another company not to mess it up and paying more for it.

Probably a nice card but I wouldn't pay $440 for it after shipping. I had nothing but a positive experience from my MSI Twin Frozr 7850.

Not a bad price at all, if I was buying today I would probably get this card, but I'm really happy with my Windforce... I was sceptical buying a Gigabyte card (and the Windforce cooler looks cheap compared to a TF), but performance, thermals and noise are amazing on this thing, very pleasantly surprised. Previous was an MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr that was awesome, before that I was a pure EVGA guy for 3-4 cards in a row.

Oh man, if this card is everything everyone is speculating about, The WF3 will get smoked by it and for $10 extra bucks, hands down best 670 right now. The cooling system of the Twin Frozr IV is ridiculous and will no doubt be a cooler card than the WF3 and the Asus Top. MSI has a well-known reputation for their products and this power edition card would be the card to get. Can't wait to see the reviews and overclocking capability of this card. As soon as this hits amazon, it will be in my shopping cart.

I hope what we're hearing about voltage manipulation is true. MSI's website is touting that the 680 lightning and 670 power will have voltage adjustment !!! That, like you said, will make it hands down the best product on the market.

$10 extra? Where are you looking at getting the windforce? Mine cost me $399 and I paid $4.00 extra to have it shipped overnight.

>: (

One. Freaking. Day. After I buy my 670 FTW. I hate my life.

I will make you feel a little better and say I just ordered my FTW this morning from amazon with overnight shipping for $3.99. I just went ahead and ordered the MSI. I'll have to figure out with to do with the EVGA.

I will make you feel a little better and say I just ordered my FTW this morning from amazon with overnight shipping for $3.99. I just went ahead and ordered the MSI. I'll have to figure out with to do with the EVGA.

Refuse it when UPS attempts delivery and it will automatically be returned for a refund.

Yea, I don't know if the MSI GTX 670 PE is worth the almost $40 more price premium. I'd have to wait and see what sort of numbers and temps reviewers can get out of them. I was waiting for the Gigabyte WF 670 to come back in stock to purchase that and i think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger. I'll have 30 days to return and exchange it if anything.

He doesn't know what he's talking about, you'll have to ignore him.

Well the WF3 is sold out everywhere and amazon hasn't gotten stock (until 2 days ago) for almost a month so chances are very slim of purchasing it from there. Newegg charges sales tax for California residents and sometimes shipping as well while Amazon does not charge for both. So in the end you're going to be buying a WF3 which is vastly inferior for equal to or more money (or none at all because they are hard to find) than the Twin Frozr. Blkout, be careful and don't get too angry again. You might call people names and get banned again. You wouldn't want that now would you?

Last edited:
Well the WF3 is sold out everywhere and amazon hasn't gotten stock (until 2 days ago) for almost a month so chances are very slim of purchasing it from there. Newegg charges sales tax for California residents and sometimes shipping as well while Amazon does not charge for both. So in the end you're going to be buying a WF3 which is vastly inferior for equal to or more money (or none at all because they are hard to find) than the Twin Frozr. Blkout, be careful and don't get too angry again. You might call people names and get banned again. You wouldn't want that now would you?

They actually had it in stock a few times over the last month, as well as awhile today + a few days ago, for a good amount of time each restock. :) Newegg did as well. $400 vs. $430 is a difference, granted if the MSI Power Edition turns out to be overvoltable on the core that could be a huge advantage.

They actually had it in stock a few times over the last month, as well as awhile today + a few days ago, for a good amount of time each restock. :) Newegg did as well. $400 vs. $430 is a difference, granted if the MSI Power Edition turns out to be overvoltable on the core that could be a huge advantage.

According to the instock website (the name eludes me) that alerts upon restocking the amazon WF3 was out of stock (shipped and sold by amazon not third party) was last available may 16th. I set up alerts for the card over a week ago and got notified last night for the first time the WF3 was in stock sold by amazon and only 3 were in stock when I went to check. It's not a for sure deal that they're restocking it more now I guess time will tell but in the recent weeks its been sold out on amazon. That's why I said its about 10$ more because the extra sales tax is 32$. If amazon starts restocking more that's great and will definitely be a contender but twin Frozr cards have a great reputation and with its added perks it will definitely be a better card than the WF3 and of course the asus top

Not very concerned about it honestly.

Not very concerned about it honestly.

Well of course because you already chose the WF3. I would tell myself that too if I already spent money on worse technology too but hey that's how the electronics world goes. For those that decide to wait a little longer new and better things will come out. In this day and age everyone wants the most performance for their dollar and the twin Frozr is hyped up way more than the WF3 and TOP due to a speculated voltage unlock. For $30 if this card can hit the 1400s and stay cool it will definitely be worth it. Every little bit counts when trying to play max settings on 1440P or higher. MSI provides a great product with its twin Frozr series and hopefully they will continue that trend with the 670. I just can't wait for the benchmarks.

Well of course because you already chose the WF3. I would tell myself that too if I already spent money on worse technology too but hey that's how the electronics world goes. For those that decide to wait a little longer new and better things will come out. In this day and age everyone wants the most performance for their dollar and the twin Frozr is hyped up way more than the WF3 and TOP due to a speculated voltage unlock. For $30 if this card can hit the 1400s and stay cool it will definitely be worth it. Every little bit counts when trying to play max settings on 1440P or higher. MSI provides a great product with its twin Frozr series and hopefully they will continue that trend with the 670. I just can't wait for the benchmarks.

I meant the temporary ban, but I don't honestly see any new cards coming around the corner that are going to be much better than the 670's that are available now. Sure you might see a few featues like improved cooling or 4GB of memory but none of it makes much of a difference in the real world, its more marketing than anything else to keep people interested in a particular brand. MSI makes a great card and anyone would be happy with their products, I just don't think its going to be any more special than some of the other non-reference designs already on the market. I had an MSI Twin Frozr 7850 and it was a great card, but every non-reference MSI card always has a premium price tag and limited availability it seems, this card will be no different.

And for the record, there's nothing worse about the Gigabyte Windforce compared to the MSI cards, you just continue to spout BS about stuff you know nothing about. When you own a 670, ANY 670, you can talk about what know about these cards then.

I meant the temporary ban, but I don't honestly see any new cards coming around the corner that are going to be much better than the 670's that are available now. Sure you might see a few featues like improved cooling or 4GB of memory but none of it makes much of a difference in the real world, its more marketing than anything else to keep people interested in a particular brand. MSI makes a great card and anyone would be happy with their products, I just don't think its going to be any more special than some of the other non-reference designs already on the market. I had an MSI Twin Frozr 7850 and it was a great card, but every non-reference MSI card always has a premium price tag and limited availability it seems, this card will be no different.

And for the record, there's nothing worse about the Gigabyte Windforce compared to the MSI cards, you just continue to spout BS about stuff you know nothing about. When you own a 670, ANY 670, you can talk about what know about these cards then.

$400 is a lot to spend and I prefer to see all my options rather than just buy the first thing to come out. The gigabyte is a great card no doubt and anyone that has one great purchase but there is always better. In this case the twin Frozr will be better and I can't wait to put it in my new rig. You don't have to personally own a card to realize its inferior. We can only see when benches come out if this card is as great as people are speculating about. But it's MSI it's going to be a great product of course. I don't know where your getting me spouting off BS when unlocking the voltage of a 670 has proven to push the gpu clocks in the mid 1400s. With a clock like that the card will scream in games. That's a 50% overclock over reference and paired with MSIs cooling system sweet Jesus this baby will scream. For $30 more hell yeah who wouldn't take that? However, it's only pure speculation of course but good things happen to those who wait and were all waiting to see what MSI is offering and are on our toes until then.

Last edited:
Lets not make this a war of 670 cards, i'm genuinely interested in the capabilities of this card.

Now it is not confirmed that voltage is unlocked, although the 680 lightning supposedly has a method for bypassing the voltage cap of 1175mV. With that said, is anyone here getting a 670PE next day aired to them today?

$400 is a lot to spend and I prefer to see all my options rather than just buy the first thing to come out. The gigabyte is a great card no doubt and anyone that has one great purchase but there is always better. In this case the twin Frozr will be better and I can't wait to put it in my new rig. You don't have to personally own a card to realize its inferior. We can only see when benches come out if this card is as great as people are speculating about. But it's MSI it's going to be a great product of course. I don't know where your getting me spouting off BS when unlocking the voltage of a 670 has proven to push the gpu clocks in the mid 1400s. With a clock like that the card will scream in games. That's a 50% overclock over reference and paired with MSIs cooling system sweet Jesus this baby will scream. For $30 more hell yeah who wouldn't take that? However, it's only pure speculation of course but good things happen to those who wait and were all waiting to see what MSI is offering and are on our toes until then.

Its all speculation and there really isn't any hard proof that one card is any better than other. Unless you're an electrical engineer and looked at their designs, you're not going to convince me one is any better than another. They will all last more than their recommended life, overclocking seems to matter very little on the design and more just luck of the draw on the chip you got. Its been this way for years. Save some money, buy a design that suits your needs without buying what you believe to be the latest and greatest because of fancy marketing terms and then use that saved money to put towards something else you can use and benefit from.

Lets not make this a war of 670 cards, i'm genuinely interested in the capabilities of this card.

Now it is not confirmed that voltage is unlocked, although the 680 lightning supposedly has a method for bypassing the voltage cap of 1175mV. With that said, is anyone here getting a 670PE next day aired to them today?

I'm interested too as a techie but I never turned this into a war of 670 cards, someone else did(M1337) in this thread by trying to put down the popular and proven Gigabyte WF 670.

War of cards? How is this a war of cards? I'm stating what has been proven. The 670s have been locked with a set voltage and many users believe they are not at their true potential. With MSIs (speculated) unlocked voltage we can and should see overclocks that are massive. Case and point, here on hard there are users who have hard modded their cards unlocking the voltage and were able to get mid 1400s gpu overclocks at around 1.2v without reporting any cooling issues. That's why the MSI is such a hot topic. Im no creating a war but the manufacturers sure have and I am so excited to see what's MSI has to bring to the table. This is what the free market is all about, competition. Of course I've always recommended getting a card that suits your needs but this is a thread about the new MSI! We have ro get excited and jump around because this card has its voltage unlocked and hopefully we can see some crazy overclocks! Let's be honest, any user is going to be completely floored by the performance a 670 gives no matter what kind (except ASUS atm) but for people trying to be [H]ard they'll want to push their system to its fullest potential and that's hopefully what we'll see here with the MSI. It's a bit of a premium but you get an amazing cooling system design and a great overclocking capability of a card. Of course always buy what's in your budget that is the smartest thing. The WF3 is a great and amazing card right now and if you have to buy one get that for sure. But if you can wait a couple of weeks I would at least wait and see what MSI has to offer. Who knows, maybe MSI will produce a dud but that's what's exciting! Except the fact you waited for nothing of course but at least you won't have any regrets with your decision. I don't know about you but the GPU is always the component that makes me pull my hair out because its do difficult to make a decision. Luckily you can't go wrong with the 670 series and all prove to be great cards and like Blkout said it is luck of the draw with overclocking. However, there is another factor, if you can pump more power into it then you can achieve a higher overclock, which changes the game immensely.

We shall see. You can always continue to wait and wait and wait for the next best product and you'll never own anything that way. I guess that's the best way to save money but it doesn't really give you anything to enjoy. Waiting for the next best product that might give you an extra 50MHz more overclock if you're lucky just to gain an extra 2-3fps and the expense of paying $40-50 more just isn't good value at all, but then again some people buy products just to have the latest and greatest, no matter what the value. Its wasteful and doesn't really accomplish anything but its their money to do as they please. I have interest in this card as a techie and love to read about anything tech related, but nothing about this card screams that I must buy it and I can afford an card on the market so its not just sour grapes. I've got two Gigabyte WF 670's and a Sapphire 7950 OC 950 right now so money isn't really a question, its really just about value for me. I wouldn't have bought two Gigabyte WF 670's if I didn't feel they offered the most bang for the buck for now at least until the next generation of cards are available.

We shall see. You can always continue to wait and wait and wait for the next best product and you'll never own anything that way. I guess that's the best way to save money but it doesn't really give you anything to enjoy. Waiting for the next best product that might give you an extra 50MHz more overclock if you're lucky just to gain an extra 2-3fps and the expense of paying $40-50 more just isn't good value at all, but then again some people buy products just to have the latest and greatest, no matter what the value. Its wasteful and doesn't really accomplish anything but its their money to do as they please. I have interest in this card as a techie and love to read about anything tech related, but nothing about this card screams that I must buy it and I can afford an card on the market so its not just sour grapes. I've got two Gigabyte WF 670's and a Sapphire 7950 OC 950 right now so money isn't really a question, its really just about value for me. I wouldn't have bought two Gigabyte WF 670's if I didn't feel they offered the most bang for the buck for now at least until the next generation of cards are available.

Completely agree with you. When the 670 first came out I'm sure there were VERY few people that held off because they were waiting for MSI and I strongly agree you should purchase so you can enjoy it longer. Of course. But for people like myself that are building a new rig or they held off for some other reasons it's always good to see what else is there. I'm not talking about waiting months for a slight 3fps increase I'm thinking more along the lines of a week or two because something new got announced. The WF3 are arguably the best 670 to get at the moment so no one should feel bad about getting it. Hell no one should feel terrible about any 670 they got its a beast. All I'm saying is for those that are in the hunt you should just wait another week to see everyone's reported benchmarks and then make a decision. The average overclock is around the mid to upper 1200s. If you can get in the mid 1400s like other hard users have reported users could see a big jump of 9 or 10 FPS and that's a big deal for demanding games like BF3 if you're hovering the 55fps mark you can push to a flat 60. Trust me this card isn't going to cause people to sell what they have in order to get it. Very rarely does that even happen except in the cases like the 6950 that could be unlocked. This card is just allowing more power to the users to push that envelope even farther.

Good luck to you both if they should ever come to light. I wouldn't sell my Gigabyte 670's for any other 670, when it comes time for me to sell these cards it will be in a generation or two when there's real performance to be gained.

The biggest issue for me on this card would be the fan noise on the Twin Frozr IV, which came in pretty loud in the 7970 reviews from what I read. One of the things I love about my Gigabyte 670 is it never breaks 70c and fans at 50% on an auto profile while under full load. As a result, I don't hear the fans at all above the hum of my case fans. This matters in my situation as I have a Corsair 500R which has an open side panel grill and my PC sits on a cabinet next to my desk around ear height.

Either way, this MSI card looks like a great addition to the non-reference 670 lineup. I'm also curious to see if voltage can truly be pushed past 1.175 or if it's just some marketing gimmick. We just need someone to buy one and report back! Who wants to be the guinea pig? :D

The biggest issue for me on this card would be the fan noise on the Twin Frozr IV, which came in pretty loud in the 7970 reviews from what I read. One of the things I love about my Gigabyte 670 is it never breaks 70c and fans at 50% on an auto profile while under full load. As a result, I don't hear the fans at all above the hum of my case fans. This matters in my situation as I have a Corsair 500R which has an open side panel grill and my PC sits on a cabinet next to my desk around ear height.

Either way, this MSI card looks like a great addition to the non-reference 670 lineup. I'm also curious to see if voltage can truly be pushed past 1.175 or if it's just some marketing gimmick. We just need someone to buy one and report back! Who wants to be the guinea pig? :D

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1697230&page=2

we already have on guinea pig....check post number 61 :)

also when I look at newegg stock, it slowly going down....yesterday I checked it was around 90, and right now it s 62....so people are getting their hands on it....expect reviews coming real soon

Isn't there a video with an MSI rep sayings that only the 680 Lightning will have voltage unlock, and the 670 Power just has the stronger VRM/PCB build-up but still locked voltage? It looks like a good card, but Maverick you nee to lay off a bit with the flamebait, the Windforce is also great, lots of people are getting good clocks and many bought it on release day over a month ago for $399 (myself included), and the PCB/cooler are also very effective. It is ugly though compared to the TF.

Back