MSI Radeon 4890 ~$184 AR and live cashback

But the headroom is nice :)

If your average FPS is only 60 you surely will dip below that, which will be noticed.

But the headroom is nice :)

If your average FPS is only 60 you surely will dip below that, which will be noticed.

Yeah pretty much on the head there.

Some debate that "feeling" higher fps than 60 constantly is a placebo effect only.

I sincerely doubt that there will ever be a card that can run Crysis at max settings, at 2560x1600 at 60+ fps and never go under.

If there was, I'd probably quit my job, divorce my soon to be wife and sit at home all day like a sponge.

I guess the lack of such a graphic's card is a good thing!

uh no, its not placebo, i can tell the difference, see and feel it up to about 85, then its just indistinguishable. but thats a lot higher than 60

Yeah pretty much on the head there.

Some debate that "feeling" higher fps than 60 constantly is a placebo effect only.

I sincerely doubt that there will ever be a card that can run Crysis at max settings, at 2560x1600 at 60+ fps and never go under.

If there was, I'd probably quit my job, divorce my soon to be wife and sit at home all day like a sponge.

I guess the lack of such a graphic's card is a good thing!

women = job >> crysis

I gotta keep telling myself to be patient. 1GB of RAM just ain't enough for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and EvrQuest 2 on Maximum Settings! :*(

Not enough? [H] reviews ran FO3 @ 2560 w/ max settings 8xAA 16xAF w/ min fps at 28, max 60, avg. 47.6. And oblivion and everquest doesn't need mentioning.

Not enough? [H] reviews ran FO3 @ 2560 w/ max settings 8xAA 16xAF w/ min fps at 28, max 60, avg. 47.6. And oblivion and everquest doesn't need mentioning.

he meant at the same time, on 3 different 1920x1200 monitors. duh.

I want a solid 50-60 fps. The game going under 50 fps isn't enough to warrant an upgrade yet for me.

But I'm going to guess that you haven't played either at full settings or with graphic mods in Oblivion. I'd definitely recommend asking the Oblivion Elder Scrolls Forum Community in the mods section what the max amount of graphic memory they use to keep a solid 50 fps at 25x16 is. My current vid card (8800 GTX 768MB) can barely keep itself from choking on either game's "holiest of holy's". So I wanna wait till these new 4890's hit the market.

QTP3 1.3, Bomret and Imp. Shadows for Oblivion Makes the stock textures in Fallout 3 look like chumps and EQ2's Max settings are some of the highest res images in an mmo game today. Which was also a major downfall for it, since games like WoW and LoTR really don't require piss or a can to run (I've played all three).

Back