MTV Closes Down Game Production

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Viacom, the owner of MTV, closed down operations of its game division this week. The MTV operation produced the popular Rock Band and Dance Central game franchises.

The death knell for MTV Games was sounded in December 2010, however, when Viacom decided to sell off Harmonix to an investment firm.

Now if only they would stop broadcasting on all thier television programing the world would be a slightly better place...

Um WHAT. Rock Band was wildly popular......not as popular as Guitar Hero for some stupid reason but still, WHAT

mtv stopped being cool in 1988, so i could care less whatever happens to that low-life company with it's trashy shows...

I can remember watch MTV to see music videos. that is why I don't watch them any more.

I read that they're planning to bring back Beavis & Butt-head and will be updating the references/jokes obviously.

They will be sorely missed...like a hole in the head.

Now if only they would fold the music channels that aren't used for music, it's either dumb ass, or I'm an idiot and got preggers under the age of concent.

I only read MTV closes down, & I was happy that the national IQ score would finally go up by a couple of points.

Back