Multi-Video Card System

TheSpook

Limp Gawd
Hello!

I am looking to run four monitors from my one machine, all requiring DVI.

Currently I have an 8800GT (PCI-e) in the box. I also have two Radeon 9250s (PCI) on hand, but could not get Windows to play nicely with mixed breeds (tried the ATI cards with Vista's default drivers, then with Catalyst -- always black screened while Windows was loading).

So! I would like to buy a dual-dvi PCI card from nVidia. Any suggestions?

Here is what I am trying to use:
monitors_lq.jpg

Thank you very much!

Yeah don't waste your time trying to get Vista to load ATi and nVidia graphics drivers at the same time. Do you have an SLI motherboard? If so I'd recommend another 8800GT. Four monitors or awesome SLI gaming performance!

sli doesn't support multiple monitors in the first place, but crossfire does...

i've never seen a dual dvi pci card, but yes, don't bother screwing around in vista with different drivers...

I run an 8800GT and an 8400GS. I have 3 LCD's and may get a 4th later.

computersetupsept08.jpg

hangingout.jpg

I spent a few hours trying different combinations/versions of drivers, and the orders of install -- no luck. What changed from XP to Vista? I think I actually ran a 6-series with those 9250s for a while, red and green drivers and everything . . .

I'm running an ASUS P5K Deluxe, so that's the P35 chipset = no SLI. It does have two PCI-e x16 slots (for Crossfire, I guess).

Could I safely run two PCI-e 16x video cards in non-SLI? If so, I'll just grab a cheap 6-series PCI-e.

Edit: Jstamsek -- that's a neat setup. My next project will be wall-mounting a 5.1 system, clear up some desk space. Yours looks good!

Edit2: Just going to grab an 8400 or 8600 for $50.00. Thanks!

my mate has a P5K, and he keeps saying he wants to do just this, because he has a 4850 and wants physx as well as multi monitor, so he says that running an extra card wil lbe fine in his...

just make sure your PSU wil lbe up to the job, and it should be easier than using those 9250's in there, and you'll get a faster card, all for $50...

Back