Multi-WAN Help

We're moving our database server offsite, and we currently have a DSL line and a T1.

We want the T1 to be used exclusively for database operations (likely Citrix clients from our site accessing the remote database) and e-mail (we run a local Exchange server).

The DSL line is to be used for web traffic as well as a failover for the T1 (but not vice-versa).

We'd also like to prioritise database traffic over e-mail traffic.

And there's the possibility of adding a second DSL line or upgrading to something better as we grow.

So what do I do? I've been looking into managed switches, pfSense, and various multi-WAN routers, but I'm not sure which is most appropriate... Suggestions?

Thanks.

We have an 1841 (only one WAN port installed) on the T1, but it's the ISPs; we don't get access to it.

Get one for yourself.

You can do all that stuff with PBR and some IP SLA stuff (and QoS for the prioritization).

You should also look at what Peplink can offer you. There web site is http://peplink.com/. I just wrapped up deploying a Balance 30 a few weeks ago. It was simply a breeze to setup. WAN1 is the T1 (mail server), WAN2 is the DSL line (main browsing), and WAN3 is the failover/overflow WLAN card.

Back