Multimonitor Video Card

iownyou14

Limp Gawd
Im thinking of building a racing/flight simulator with 3 monitors. I needed to know what video card(s) are capable of stretching a game (ie. Nascar, Flight Sim, etc) onto 3 monitors. I know the matrox is capable but i wanted to know if a ATI or Nvidia card could do the same, cause I want a better performing card (ie. 6800gt or x800xl).

thats a good question....

i dont know the answer for the 1st question.

but the 6800 will outperform the similar ati card and it has more features in my opinion.

Sorry mate, the 6800GT and X800XL perform about the same stock, but the 6800GT OC's like a beast.

Both cards perform well. Not sure what ill pick, but the main question is about stretching games for 3 monitors. Just hope someone has an answer.

currently both ATI and Nvidia only support 2 monitor output..

it kindof sucks but that is the way it goes..

and just for info..

in SLI mode Nvidia only supports 1 monitor..

matrox is the only card that supports the 3rd monitor (using some funky splitter)...

I'm not 100% sure on the details of how to do this but I do know that you can use a card such as a 6800 or x800 to get dual monitor support, and put in a PCI graphics card and use that for the 3rd monitor. Other than that I am pretty sure thats the only way to go about with ATI or nVidia.

windows will support more than 1 monitor inherently..

with 2 6800GT's you can run 4 monitors..

the issue isn't the number of monitors.

its the issue that on the Nv or ATI cards you can only get a max of 2 to work with a game, the limitation is that the game output goes through a single card, so you will only be able to game on what a single card supports..

you can have lots of desktops, its more a limitation for gaming..

and even worse is the SLI issue, hopefully in the future Nvidia will get SLI to support at least the dual monitors..

Im going to get a dual PCI-E motherboard and two Video cards with Dual Output each. So that means i CAN have more than 2 monitors. I just wanted to know if nvidia or ati support game stretching so i can stretch a game to all 3 monitors.

the 6800 and the ati maybe be similar but the 6800 is faster, more stable and supports pixel shader 3.0 and sli. sorry mate :p

lol

Back