Music from Fallout 1 and 2 for Fallout 3

I just uploaded a file at Fallout 3 Nexus with a bunch of music from Fallout 1 and 2 arranged into the separate music folders for Fallout 3.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=26

If you don't have a Fallout3Nexus/TESNexus premium membership, then you can probably download the files (and arrange them yourself) a whole lot faster at the following addresses:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_soundtrack

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_soundtrack

Thanks to Krenum for originally directing me to the soundtrack files.

Great first mod, using it right now.

I like to think Fallout 3 is more than "Oblivion with Guns". The original soundtrack wasn't helping :p (I swear, there's one flute melody straight out of Oblivion, and another that I've heard during Crysis).

I enjoy Fallout 3's score, but I think the classic soundtrack will be a bit more enjoyable.
Thanks for the heads up!

Where do you put the mp3 files to be accessible from the pipboy?I see the music files but not sure how they are used in game.

Thanks for this FO1 and 2 is lightyears ahead of the music from FO3. BTW: if anyone cares the original guy that did most of the FO1 and 2 stuff was Mark Morgan who also did Planescape Torment(best soundtrack imo) and Descent II . Good stuff.

ah - this is very cool that you can mod the sountrack for FO3 - looking forward to trying this out!

Thanks for this FO1 and 2 is lightyears ahead of the music from FO3. BTW: if anyone cares the original guy that did most of the FO1 and 2 stuff was Mark Morgan who also did Planescape Torment(best soundtrack imo) and Descent II . Good stuff.

I completely agree. I also made sure to put Mark Morgan as the author on the file upload.

Where do you put the mp3 files to be accessible from the pipboy?I see the music files but not sure how they are used in game.

To my knowledge you can't access the songs from the pipboy. In your Fallout 3/Data/Music folder there are additional subfolders for the various background music you hear in the game. The Public folder for example contains all the songs you'll hear while walking inside of a town.

All you do is pick a song you'd like to hear as background music (in mp3 format) and save it to the folder that represents the environment where you'd like the music to be played in the background (If you wanted to listen to that particular song while exploring the world map for example, save the mp3 in the Explore folder). I'm pretty sure just about any mp3 will work and it doesn't have to be named anything special.

To my knowledge you can't access the songs from the pipboy. In your Fallout 3/Data/Music folder there are additional subfolders for the various background music you hear in the game. The Public folder for example contains all the songs you'll hear while walking inside of a town.

All you do is pick a song you'd like to hear as background music (in mp3 format) and save it to the folder that represents the environment where you'd like the music to be played in the background (If you wanted to listen to that particular song while exploring the world map for example, save the mp3 in the Explore folder). I'm pretty sure just about any mp3 will work and it doesn't have to be named anything special.

Thanx!..:)

thx again for posting this - started FO3 this weekend, and it is loads of fun so far!

immediately on starting, one of my biggest issues w/ the game was the horribly sleepy music. i'm a full-blown metal-head \m/ and this kind of bland musical-style was just barely acceptable in oblivion's ancient fantasy-based play - doesn't sound remotely acceptable for a hostile post-apocolyptic wasteland setting. i want something crushing and ultra doomy!! or at least some cool electronic stuff that keeps me awake, tho with the 'unplugged' feeling of most of the landscape i'm thinking something more earthy and accustic is more apt.

i changed out the music to the FO1/2 tracks and the music went up from 1/10 score to maybe a 1.5. this stuff is only negligably better... this sound-track is still in need of some seriously extensive modding!

for anyone who cares, i think i'll be making a soundtrack of my own out of some movie scores and hopefully some good instrumental metal/industrial tracks. I'll post back when i have the track list... if anyone wants to post their ideas for good (as dark as posible) movie-score tracks etc to include, post 'em here! i'm not cool w/ piracy, so will be simply posting the playlists and have to find the tracks yourself.

All I can say is...you're nuts! FO3's soundtrack is a travesty, yeah, but FO1's soundtrack is a triumph.

I can't imagine how "crushing" music is appropriate for a reasonably calm post-apocalyptic landscape, but whatever :)

^^^ aw, thanks. you're just saying that! :cool:

there are a couple tracks in that FO1/2 pack that are pretty good, but i'm still getting really bored w/ it during my hours of hiking around the world. my soundtrack of apocalyptic heaviness, if/when i get around to putting it together, probably won't be for everyone, just for people who are getting bored/annoyed by the mellowness of the original scores.

i saw something on the FO3 mod site indicating they're working on a mod to add custom radio stations, which may be a better alternative, but since its so much easier to just replace mp3's in the music folder, i'm going to start by putting together some better ambients to put in there.

I'm not necessarily saying I'm not interested in seeing what you come up with, by the way ;)

If you want some free instrumental music to select from, try Ghosts I-IV.

Back