Must have native 64-bit software? (specifically any office suite?)

conscript

2[H]4U
So I jumped aboard the 64-bit train and have been running Vista Premium 64 for the last two weeks. Complete problem free, and couldn't be happier. Actually, not true, I could be...

I want to see what this thing can do! Any software out there yet that can take advantage of the 64 bit OS? I was specifically surprised that MS didn't have a full Office version available in 64-bit. Anyone know any rumors on future native versions? What about openoffice or anyother alternatives that run 64 bit? Specicially would like to see how excel works with some of the work related tasks I use everyday, or if it makes no difference.

Anyway, just fishing for info if anyone out there has any insight or juicy rumors :)

office2007 will be released in 64bit mode.
tbf 64bit windows is nothing but epeen atm, there are next to no applications.

For starters everytime you go onto the web the browser being run is the 32bit browser.. why? because flash and java are ONLY avail in 32bit binaries atm

Start learning 3ds Max or some other 3D content creation tool and you'll be taking advantage of that 64bit software in no time.

For starters everytime you go onto the web the browser being run is the 32bit browser.. why? because flash and java are ONLY avail in 32bit binaries atm

If you actually *start* the 32-bit version you mean. I do know that on XP64 you had a 32-bit IE and a 64-bit.

So, what does that mean, precisely? You can't browse the web without Java and Flash apps getting in the way? I'd rather browse WITH a 64 bit browser precisely for that reason considering how much Flash bullshit is being shoved down my pipe (speaking figuratively, of course) when I'm just trying to get information and not "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE JUST WON <insert lame bullshit promo item here>" from the Flash applet that loaded itself and fired up audio that I simply wasn't prepared for nor did I ask for.

You look upon 64 bit browsers as a problem; I look at them as the solution, in many respects. I bet others do too.

As for must have software, hrmmm...

Anything that works, how's that? :)

Back