Must Watch Non-Tech Related Video of the Day

I'll post the same sentiment here that I posted in WLWC in GenMay: Thank goodness they gave me no less than 3 angles for every shot. I would have been heartbroken if I couldn't see every single turn, spin or slide from at least 3 vantage points. God forbid the Youtube video only be 45 seconds long, gotta' show those angles!

OK, props to Block for the stunt driving, always a blast... but what really amazes me is the car and it's setup..

besides the obvious power and acceleration, that's one helluva chassis! side-ways air-born drift! incredible machine.

I don't know. I think he could drive circles around them.

Not sure if that is internet sarcasm or irony, if you will but if you look up his rally attempts, he does nowhere near as good. Whereas this video is multiple takes and video editing magic to make it seem like one, long, mistake-free run.

i can't even fathom the production costs for this... for what? a DC shoes/Ford ad? maaaaan. to have that kind of cash to blow.

Rally racing bores me to tears...watching it is painful and dull. It takes REAL SKILL to do it...just boring as hell.

Ken Block on the other hand is always entertaining to watch, probably takes him 5 takes per shot, etc. etc. but it is a blast to watch....and it makes me wish any city would let me drive MY car that way ;)

i can't even fathom the production costs for this... for what? a DC shoes/Ford ad? maaaaan. to have that kind of cash to blow.

After the first 2 stunts or so this is exactly what I thought. The insurance must have cost a fortune.

1: Wonder how many times he had to do some of those stunts as you see the donut/figure 8 marks in many shots before he actually does them. He even hit one of the plastic barriers with the bike scene

2: When the hell was this done? Starting on the bay bridge, and closing it off to all that traffic including the off ramps? That is a busy damn bridge, even if it was Sunday, the weekend factor alone would have many people getting blocked off from where they need/want to go

3: I'm awaiting the retards with the Honda Civics doing this now as this video starts going around the interwebs. Already there's an idiot that occasionally does donuts on the corner intersection. Haven't got video of him yet, otherwise I'd send it to the police (not that I think it would do anything)... FYI I'm not being a dick, that's 1 block from an elementary school.

So he can do all that shit but he take the Reliant Robin around the Top Gear track? Psh!

;)

Not sure if that is internet sarcasm or irony, if you will but if you look up his rally attempts, he does nowhere near as good. Whereas this video is multiple takes and video editing magic to make it seem like one, long, mistake-free run.

yep after few shots we do see the tier marks that took him on earlier tries. and i'm not sure if they shut down half a city block for him, if they did i'll say it wasn't worth the trouble.

1: Wonder how many times he had to do some of those stunts as you see the donut/figure 8 marks in many shots before he actually does them. He even hit one of the plastic barriers with the bike scene

2: When the hell was this done? Starting on the bay bridge, and closing it off to all that traffic including the off ramps? That is a busy damn bridge, even if it was Sunday, the weekend factor alone would have many people getting blocked off from where they need/want to go/QUOTE]

I doubt this was all done on the same day. Especially seeing that he definitely had to do certain parts of the track over and over again. Still it is amazing, must be thrilling.

LOL, u fail at da interwebz :D he can drive "circles" around those guys...you know "circles" like in the video...not irony, not sarcasm...you know...funny ;)

A lot of critiquing going on regarding something that none of you can come close to doing. :rolleyes:

I could watch his videos all day long and dream about doing that with my car on the way too work...

Pretty awesome. For some reason, I just had a flash-back of Midtown Madness 2. :D

I could care less if he is a crappy rally driver... Hi stunt driving is freaking awesome and his videos are NUTS!!!

2: When the hell was this done? Starting on the bay bridge, and closing it off to all that traffic including the off ramps? That is a busy damn bridge, even if it was Sunday, the weekend factor alone would have many people getting blocked off from where they need/want to go

I doubt this was all done on the same day. Especially seeing that he definitely had to do certain parts of the track over and over again. Still it is amazing, must be thrilling.

Think I read somewhere it was filmed over 4 days.

People are funny who rip this guy. I guarantee that you would probably poop and piss your pants if you were in the car with him. I drive a mazdaspeed 3 and get pretty crazy on the twisties to Jerome and Wilhoit. Nothing beats a rush like doing 70 on a 15 MPH corner.....:)

Not a fan really, but what he does in the WRC is actually pretty good.

You figure he made his rally debut in North America at 38, and his WRC debut at 40 years old. He runs a private car. He does not compete on all events (only 2 this year I think). He actually scored points his last time out, and as pointed out in another article more Americans have been to the moon than scored WRC points.

Cool video is cool. I would rock a AWD turbo fiesta too if they made one street legal :D

Long Live King Carlos and Toyota WRC!

Gymkhana 5 was indeed awesome (and I can't believe the city of San Francisco let them do this), but I think I still enjoy Gymkhana 3 the most. The only weak one was 2. 4 was ridiculous nonsense but very enjoyable to watch nonetheless. But 3 and 5 were the best. I love this WRC Fiesta he's used in the last three videos but I do miss the WRX STIs.

DRIFTING...........................Not into it.
Going sideways down the street was considered a bad thing in my hot car days. ;)

Actually I have always been into cars; I just can't afford a hot one now a days.
I'm an "old school" guy anyway. I don't like plastic cars. Cars made after '72 don't interest me much.

Ken Block is like the Colin Mcrae of our time, rest his soul. But Ken Block is an awesome WRC driver. He is still young and is still learning the circuits. But all around he is an awesome driver.

So he can do all that shit but he take the Reliant Robin around the Top Gear track? Psh!

;)

x2
Okay, thats not actually a fair challenge. :D

I may be a muscle car guy but hot damn that is one badass Fiesta.

PS: I believe the bridge was already scheduled to be shut down on the day of filming-- presidents day.

Back