MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

This was on a PC, sad but funny.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024598

codmw2m20091113232214.png

LOL EPIC FAIL

A user found out that IW left dedicated server code in, just disabled it. He has already re-enabled the console and lean.

The OP has no info, read further down.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=171660

I think it's just incredible how they blatantly lied about it ("most work put into a PC version ever!"). This is nothing more than one of the laziest porting jobs in years, and since most gaming 'journalists' are too busy going gaga over the game, no one will question them or call them out on this bullshit.

I think it's just incredible how they blatantly lied about it ("most work put into a PC version ever!"). This is nothing more than one of the laziest porting jobs in years, and since most gaming 'journalists' are too busy going gaga over the game, no one will question them or call them out on this bullshit.

You are really ignorant and you obviously don't know one single thing about development.

You are really ignorant and you obviously don't know one single thing about development.

Yeah dude, I'm totally ignorant because I find it frustrating that developers lie to their customers. I forgot that's what software development was all about, the lies and deception, but thanks for the heads up.

PR is one thing, straight-up lying to deceive their customers is another. This isn't a free game. Some people spent $60 because they believed the matchmaking would be better.

When they come out with a dedicated server mod/patch, that's when i'll buy this game for the PC.

till then, im happy with the 360 version :)

go go modding community! form of a dedicated server mod!

When they come out with a dedicated server mod/patch, that's when i'll buy this game for the PC.

till then, im happy with the 360 version :)

go go modding community! form of a dedicated server mod!

Ummm 360 version is the same shit with no keyboard and mouse and worse graphics. Why do you enjoy that version and no the PC version?

I'll admit, I got duped on MW2. Usually I read up before buying any game, but I liked COD4 so much that I just went ahead and bought MW2 last night. The first thing I did was load up multiplayer and I was like, "Where's the server browser and why is this game choosing my server for me?"

Total bullshit. This completely takes away most elements of what makes PM multiplayer so good. I'm freakin annoyed. I hope the single player campaign is good so it won't be a total waste, but I really bought this for multiplayer.:(

http://www.teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=227

It is now only a matter of time before we get a hacked dedicated server mod from the community :)

It has begun

This interests me greatly, not because I want to play MW2 multiplayer, but with modding not being allowed the them having the ability to ban people with modified code to try and stop piracy, it seems to me that honest PC gamers simply wanting to mod the game like they have been accustomed to doing for probably their entire gaming life, are going to get caught in the crossfire.

I hope IW actually starts banning keys for people trying to mod the game, it will mean the only way to actually play on a dedicated server would be to download an illegal copy.

Not that I inherently support piracy but I would love to see this happen, for the simple reason that it would really rub the MW2 multiplayer disgrace back in IW faces and actually show them with some conviction how much PC gamers are really pissed by this.

Hacking multiplayer so you can play with the legit users has never really been possible, genuine key checks stop this, theres always been a tiny underworld of both cracked clients and cracked servers but it's never very big because who would want to host a cracked server? It would be immensly satisfying to see some large flood of legit users onto a cracked system and then see IWs response to this, could they then admit maybe they were wrong and either reveal their stupidity or actual motives for removing dedicated servers.

Sorry left reality for a bit, but still, one can hope :)

I would be happier if I could just modify the FOV (field of view). It's killing me... literally.

Was it ever about anything other than the money?

Modern Warfare 2 launch window sees Bobby Kotick exercise nearly 2 million stock options for $1.99 million--which he immediately sells for $22.2 million.

Today, Activision basked in the glory that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 had the biggest launch in entertainment history. November 10 saw the Infinity Ward-developed shooter sell a staggering 4.7 million copies in the US, UK, and Canada, generating $310 million in just 24 hours. Dollar-wise, that's as much as Grand Theft Auto did worldwide on day one in 2008, and as much as Halo 3 reaped in its first week globally in 2007.

Unsurprisingly, nobody basked more in Modern Warfare 2's success than Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. According to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing made today, the outspoken executive used the occasion to exercise nearly 2 million stock options that had vested in 2000--eight years beforeActivision merged with Vivendi Games to form Activision Blizzard.

Kotick took over Activision in 1991, shortly before it filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Given that at the turn of the century Activision was nowhere near being the world's largest third-party publisher, the strike price for each share Kotick exercised was a low $1.03. With the new company flying high on last week's better-than-expected July-September earnings report, Kotick reaped an impressive windfall by selling nearly 2 million shares at prices between $11.43 and $11.51 per share from November 9 to November 11.

The result? Minus the nearly $2 million strike price, the executive cleared nearly $20.2 million in just three days. The figure comes atop his normal compensation package, which totaled $14.95 million in 2008, according to Forbes magazine.

Following the sale, Kotick still retained 3,109,729 shares of Activision Blizzard, which ended trading today at $11.44--making said shares worth $35,575,300.

It takes a ridiculously long time to find people since they "improved matchmaking" before it was instant, Great update, What moron wanted that anyway? I don't remember seeing anyone complain about it other then the fact that there was matchmaking period...

Its also nice to see like 3 level 50+'s in the lobby and when the teams are set all 3 are on the same team (no they were not in a party) leaving the other team with level 1's - 25's (rank usually means nothing but still)

well, decided to pull the trigger on it :) now to wait for steam to finish downloading the game :(

^ OH EM GEE! A business actually wanting, *gulp*, money?! :p

People don't hate Kotick because he makes money. We hate him because he's a suit first and foremost, and a gamer...... Is he even a gamer at all?

I can respect all the Gabes, Chets, Chris Taylors, Sakaguchi's, Miyamotos and other because they're gamers first and foremost. They're people who created something for other people like them to enjoy. Like em or don't like em, at least they're gamers.

Kotick is just a suit. He's good at making money. Damn good at it. But he's not one of us, doesn't care about any of us and has no idea what we're about. And unfortunately, I bet we'll be seeing more people like him in the gaming scene.

People don't hate Kotick because he makes money. We hate him because he's a suit first and foremost, and a gamer...... Is he even a gamer at all?

I can respect all the Gabes, Chets, Chris Taylors, Sakaguchi's, Miyamotos and other because they're gamers first and foremost. They're people who created something for other people like them to enjoy. Like em or don't like em, at least they're gamers.

Kotick is just a suit. He's good at making money. Damn good at it. But he's not one of us, doesn't care about any of us and has no idea what we're about. And unfortunately, I bet we'll be seeing more people like him in the gaming scene.

Exactly how I feel in this matter. If a company makes a profit then so be it and I do support a company that makes a profit. Said company(s) has to make a profit to stay alive and to re-invest back into the company. I do not have a problem with that

With that Kotex guy he is nothing but a suit and in this case cared about nothing but the money. He could care less about us the consumer, his bank account is and was more important and his name should be Kotex instead of Kotick.

You know, that could be why their games are good?

Really, is pay to play what made call of duty what it is today. I would think not, it was the pc community who made call of duty what it is today. It wasnt iwnet and the pay to play crap.

I can't believe I just dropped $59.99 on MW2 for the PC last week and I was dying to play it all last week.

This game is in some seriously need of some TLC. I can't believe the utter crap that I just installed on my PC. Now, I know what you are thinking and yes, I did a fresh format and reinstalled Win7 x64 with all the LATEST drivers so I know this isn't the PC.

From the time I launch the game it is a stuttering mess and even the first level SP mission is broken as I run out of the school and have no idea where to go as my compass and meter gauge that tells me how far away I am are not even showing up. Not to mention the constant freezes and lock ups I have been experiencing. And I know its not just me with the all the web pages stating the same issues.

IW needs to come out with a patch and FAST!

I can't believe I just dropped $59.99 on MW2 for the PC last week and I was dying to play it all last week.

This game is in some seriously need of some TLC. I can't believe the utter crap that I just installed on my PC. Now, I know what you are thinking and yes, I did a fresh format and reinstalled Win7 x64 with all the LATEST drivers so I know this isn't the PC.

From the time I launch the game it is a stuttering mess and even the first level SP mission is broken as I run out of the school and have no idea where to go as my compass and meter gauge that tells me how far away I am are not even showing up. Not to mention the constant freezes and lock ups I have been experiencing. And I know its not just me with the all the web pages stating the same issues.

IW needs to come out with a patch and FAST!

you try reinstalling the game yet? or at the very least, right click the game in steam, properties>local files> verify integrity of game cache? i've had zero problems, other than the game paging my HD a lot for some reason.

Thanks to all who supported this pos. Enjoy it. They will not fix the major issues. They will make them worse and STILL charge you for DLC.

Those who bought it have pretty much done in any chance we had for having a voice in pc gaming fps for a few years. Thanks. Until we stand up for what WORKS in gaming, we will continue to get bent over our desks by companies who see this as a great business model.

The only hope is that the general crappiness of the matchmaking drives people away from it fast enough so that we get dedicated servers back. Slim hope but still.

Back