MX 1000 Update

MX-1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

Laser engine for use on all surfaces. MX-1000 is rechargeable and includes wheel tilt cruise cont.

Cruise Control on a mouse?!?!?!... rock on ;)

Looks sweet, but I'd still rather have a corded mouse (and one that costs less than $50 is nice too...)

Wow, $115 on a mouse? Sorry, I woulnd't shell out that much for a mouse. But if I HAD to, that would be the mouse I'd spend it on! Maybe when it gets to about $50 I'll pick it up :p

Translated AUD prices tend to be higher than actual prices here in the States; I guess they price things up a bit because getting stuff out there is harder. (Like, something that's 120USD there will be more like 90USD here; don't use that for calculations, though. :p)

I'll consider an MX1000-type mouse when there's a corded version.

Stiletto One said:
I'll consider an MX1000-type mouse when there's a corded version.

same here....

My older MX is still doing just fine(well I need new mouse tape)

I guess the CompUSA over here put the on the shelves a little early. I picked one up two days ago for $79.99. Seeing that I have some kind of sick mouse fetish, I obviously had to buy the first laser driven mouse. I would check out your local CompUSA (If you have one) if you are interested in picking one up.

In case anyone cares to hear what I think of the MX1000:
- The sensitivity is amazing
- The new button layout is perfect as far as I am concerned
- The battery indicator is not really needed but a nice touch

Summary from different threads:

MX1000 is now generally (officially) available.
The MX duo keyboard is reported as not working with the MX1000 receiver.

The new LX series mouse and keyboards 300, 500, 501 (white) and 700 are close to release. Some places are taking orders for them now. A new mouse style is shown in their pictures, no details on the mouse. Edit - the mouse is the Cordless Click! mouse and the Cordless Click! pro mouse. These are with the 300 and 500/501 combos respectively. As of 9/1 Office Depot has them on the website. No confirmation on the mouse with the LX700 yet. The only pics I have seen have the tag that the item may not be as pictured.

MX700 mice have a $10 rebate available - this is either to clear stock, or to help establish a new price point to keep parallel lines with the MX1000. No word on if the mice with the LX keyboards and the MX1000 will coexist or displace existing MX3-700 series mice.

Not that enough can be determined from it, but the local Office Depot was out of MX Duo's on the shelf and had none in the warehouse. They show stock on the website, though.

OD has Cordless Optical Trackman on clearance - no idea if Logitech is discontinuing.

Neverender.One said:
I guess the CompUSA over here put the on the shelves a little early. I picked one up two days ago for $79.99. Seeing that I have some kind of sick mouse fetish, I obviously had to buy the first laser driven mouse. I would check out your local CompUSA (If you have one) if you are interested in picking one up.

- The new button layout is perfect as far as I am concerned
- The battery indicator is not really needed but a nice touch

Pics?

Neverender.One said:

And, seriously, can you tell a difference between the current high-end mice and the new laser one? Does it make that much of a difference?

Just asking for first hand info.

Cheers.

Cool, thanks for the great info Xeese! I have been perusing many mx1000 threads on other forums looking for the answer to MX duo compatibility. I guess I'll have to hold out till they come out with an LX duo or something. Having two receivers is just redundant and wastes space. The new button layout and design is very intriguing though. The only complaint I have with my MX700 is with the placement and size of the two thumb buttons(MS mice have a better design in that regard). I tend to assign them to functions like reload or run in FPS and it gets slightly painful after a many hours of [h]ard gaming. The MX1000 looks like it fixed that issue so I'm eager to get my hands on one.

For all you corded fanatics, try a MX700 at a friend's house or a store and you'll be struggling to figure out why you like being on a leash. The only obvious downside is the weight(due entirely to the NiMH batteries), but combined with a good mousepad it's not as noticable as you might think. In fact I find it actually aids in keeping my hand(and aim) steady.

xbreaka said:
i would never spend that much money on a mouse

Expect to be eating a lot of dust then... you are the weakest link .. goodbye.

I really wish i could find the video again :(. But if your into heavy gaming do not get this mouse. I have talked to some of my friends that play UT2k4 prof. and they all said that teh mx1000 BLOWS for gaming. If does not track well when you pick the mouse up and move it and then relocate it. It will just sit there... and will not move the arrow or whatever it may be. Everyone that i talk to say from logitech the MX500/510 is your best bet for a gaming mouse. The 300/310 if your left handed or do not like the 500 series.

Yeah I hear a lot about the apparent sloth with which the MX1000 begins tracking again after being picked up from the mousing surface. This is a massive problem in FPS games.

That is good info seeing that I was actually considering picking up an MX1000 for gaming. The upside is that when Logitech decides to address the tracking problem they should be able to do so with a simple driver update.

I agree with one of the above posts about the MX700 being great for aiming and stabilization while gaming. I have an MX700 and am usually a sniper in the FPS's that I play. The MX700 is the best mouse I have ever had....period.

Back