MX Revolution Lag

jrbryner

[H]ard|Gawd
I got the Logitech MX Revolution a week or so ago and it seems to lag out every once in a while. I'll just be moving my mouse across the screen and it will stop for a couple secs, then catch up. Same with scrolling, or clicking. I can't really narrow it down to when the computer is busy or reading from the HD, but either way, it's really really frustrating. Logitech's phone support of course was no help (funny enough, the guy I talked to took a good 10 minutes to realize that a Keyboard did not come with the Revolution :rolleyes:).

Without the SetPoint drivers, it seems to smooth out, but then you can't customize the buttons, making the search and side scroll buttons pretty much useless, and you lose a middle click button (which I actually use alot).

I read quite a few reviews at Amazon and Newegg of people having what I think is the same problem. Anyone here having that?

The support rep at Logitech's solution was to uninstall SetPoint. I told him I needed the customizable buttons.

But I really only used the mouse for a day or so without SetPoint, and didn't really use it enough to tell if it stopped doing the lag thing without it installed.

Either way, that's not much of a solution. It is good to hear there's others with the same problem.

The logitech software is a joke I use uberoptions to get the functionality I need from the mouse. I will think long and hard about buying another logitech product.

My other two logi mice were great, but I waited for them to sort them out first.

Back