mx1000 for gaming?

GMcDougal

Gawd
i am a big game player,and i was wondering what everyone thought of the mx1000.i have already purchased it,so it would be too late to return,but has anyone noticed any lag issues with it being wireless compared to the mx 518 (which i upgraded from) would appreciate everyones opinion on this mouse,thanks.

Just put mine in the closet and purchased a Logitech G5. The G5 is MUCH better for FPS, especially when it comes to precise, small movements like sniping.

The mx1000 is just too heavy for long gaming sessions too, I found.

At home i have the MX1000. At work i have the MX510. During lunch at work i'll play some Half Life 2 just for kicks. I like the 510 better than the 1000. It seems more precise, and is generally easier to move around.

It's a good mouse but if you get the razer diamondback, you will have no regrets.

xappie said:
Just put mine in the closet and purchased a Logitech G5. The G5 is MUCH better for FPS, especially when it comes to precise, small movements like sniping.

The mx1000 is just too heavy for long gaming sessions too, I found.
yea same here, i had a MX1000 and was getting owned in the FEAR multiplayer demo, and i knew it was my mouse but my friends didn't believe me, i just got my logitech G5 about 2 weeks ago and i can easily beat them in FEAR. the G5 is an awesome gaming mouse and much much better then the MX1000, the MX1000 is really heavy and is just not a good gaming mouse. my friends $20 M$ mouse was better then my MX1000 for gaming.

The MX-1000 isn't a really good gaming mouse. It wasn't very accurate in gaming when I tried it.

The truth about the MX1000 is that its a great mouse on paper. It has great ergonomics and is a delight to use when they work. The problem is, there are alot of machines that have lag issues with them. On those machines you'll find the pointer to be im-precise and lack responsiveness. On machines it does work with, its just a touch less precise than the later MX500 series mice, and the G series.

I've owned almost the whole MX series and the G5 The MX1000 just wasn't that good for gaming. On my GF's PC it works fine. Oddly enough.

Wow, I'm really suprised at all the negative replies about the MX1000 for gaming! I use mine to game all the time and I love it to death. I love the shape, feel, and even the weight. I like my mouse to have a little bit of weight so it feels like you're actually moving something. I experience no lag what so ever. I think they fixed a lot of issues they had with the earlier production models.

I mean, sure, there might be a mouse that's slightly better for games... but the MX1000 is perfect for me since I refuse to use a wired mouse again. It'll drive me nuts now that I'm spoiled with wireless. And it makes a great mouse for general computing.

the mx1000 for gaming can blow chunks. I can have problems with it depending on where my cell phone is sitting on the desk.

That being said I will not get a wired mouse for contant gaming use again because of how many cords I have had go bad on me.

The battery life on the mx1000 is very good

I have the MX1000 and it is a superb mouse...yes a superb mouse for gaming as well. It really is not that heavy, and people complaining that it is too heavy makes me wonder how weak you actually are? A good mouse pad is a must, I use the fUnc 1030 and the mouse moves EFFORTLESSLY. There are no lag or precision issues on my machine, the thing works perfectly. I dont use the bloated logitech drivers, simply plug n play.

I freakin love my mx1000 for gaming, especially FPS. At first it was kind of clunky and hard to move. Turns out, that was just my mousepad. Switched to a new hardcoat, slick pad and now it glides with ease and the precision is top notch. I barely need to apply any force to get it to move or stop. Weight is no longer an issue. No lag in games, rarely ever have to lift it up, best mouse I've ever owned.

I'm another g5 convert. I had an MX1000 for 6 months and then the left click mouse button stopped working so I went to pick up a G5. I have no regrets. This mouse is much better for games. Smoother movment and it seems to respond better. Just my 2 cents

Matrox462 said:
Wow, I'm really suprised at all the negative replies about the MX1000 for gaming! I use mine to game all the time and I love it to death. I love the shape, feel, and even the weight. I like my mouse to have a little bit of weight so it feels like you're actually moving something. I experience no lag what so ever. I think they fixed a lot of issues they had with the earlier production models.

I mean, sure, there might be a mouse that's slightly better for games... but the MX1000 is perfect for me since I refuse to use a wired mouse again. It'll drive me nuts now that I'm spoiled with wireless. And it makes a great mouse for general computing.

All I've seen in stores are the boxes that have the older part number, or serial prefix or whatever that number is. I've never seen the newer version. In either case, it depends on the individual mouse, and it depends on the machine you attach it to.

I've had three of them and two of them weren't as sensitive to the "being picked up" issue, and one of them seemed to go to sleep faster than the other two, and none of them worked right on most of the PC's I've got. One of them wouldn't work correctly on any PC I tested it with. One of them worked fine on my GF's PC but none of my AMD based systems. The last one worked fine on my work computer and that's it.

So I gave it to my GF. I've got MX500's at two of my jobs, I have a G5 on my gaming box, and I've got an MX510 on my testing bench, and my MX518 is on loan to a friend whos MX700 died.

LynxFX said:
I freakin love my mx1000 for gaming, especially FPS. At first it was kind of clunky and hard to move. Turns out, that was just my mousepad. Switched to a new hardcoat, slick pad and now it glides with ease and the precision is top notch. I barely need to apply any force to get it to move or stop. Weight is no longer an issue. No lag in games, rarely ever have to lift it up, best mouse I've ever owned.

Maybe that's my issue then. I don't use a mousepad since i figured it didn't need one because the laser is supposed to be so precise or whatever. Perhaps i should invest in one.

I have an MX1000.

I have skills.

I don't get owned.

Buy it if you like the mouse, but don't blame the mouse if you lose.

Personally, I think it's pretty heavy and would like a lighter mouse (an Explorer 3.0a would be perfect)

Pretty much I have to wonder what 'heavy' means to you guys.

I use the MX1000 at home to game, and an MX510 at work. I like the shape of the mouse as well as the fact that it's cordless.

I don't experience the pickup-putdown 'lag' that some people do, because I have a large very (good) mousepad. Keep the feet clean and treat it well, and with proper mousing technique you shouldn't be picking it up and down anyway.

Apallohadas said:
Pretty much I have to wonder what 'heavy' means to you guys.

I use the MX1000 at home to game, and an MX510 at work. I like the shape of the mouse as well as the fact that it's cordless.

I don't experience the pickup-putdown 'lag' that some people do, because I have a large very (good) mousepad. Keep the feet clean and treat it well, and with proper mousing technique you shouldn't be picking it up and down anyway.

You can adjust for the lag, it just takes some getting used to and after awhile it's not an issue, at least for me. I do have somewhat of a confined space to move the mouse on my desk so i find myself picking it up and putting it down, but i barely pick it up so that it doesn't shut off. Again i think that's just learning to compensate for it.

I love my MX1000. I've never had any issues with it when gaming at all. I dunno what sort of AMD system one of the previous posters have, but my AMD64 system has never had any issues at all with it. Both the 64bit and 32bit versions of XP.

I love the shape, the side buttons (all on one side), and the weight (which I don't even notice with the hard survace mouse pads).

carlbme said:
I love my MX1000. I've never had any issues with it when gaming at all. I dunno what sort of AMD system one of the previous posters have, but my AMD64 system has never had any issues at all with it. Both the 64bit and 32bit versions of XP.

I love the shape, the side buttons (all on one side), and the weight (which I don't even notice with the hard survace mouse pads).

I've had problems with it on the fallowing machines:

See sig for machine 1.

Athlon 64 3800+
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe
1GB Corsair XMS P2 Pro (2x512)
2xeVGA 6800GT's@Ultra speeds (SLi)
2x74GB Raptors (RAID 0)
Antec NeoPower 480

Abit NI8-SLI
Pentium 4 670 (3.8ES)
2x512MB Corsair XMS 2 C4 Pro
Antec True Blue 480wat 2.0 ATX 2.0 PSU
1x40GB Maxtor HDD

HP XW4100 Workstation.
Pentium 4 28GHz
2GB PC3200 Ram
40GB HDD

Athlon FX 55
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe
1GB PNY Verto PC3500 (2x512)
2xPNY 7800GT's (SLi)
2x200GB Western Digital 7200RPM SATA
Antec SmartPower 2.0 500

The only machine it worked on was this one.

Pentium 4 [email protected]
Abit AA8XE
2x512MB Corsair XMS 2 C4 Pro
Antec Smart Power 350
1x120GB Western Digital HDD

There was alot of potential with the MX1000, but its execution is lacking. They are awesome when they work, but there are too many reported issues by too many people to call it a good mouse.

Did any of you complaining about the weight of your mouse research and find out if you can 'remove' weights from the inside of the device?

The MX518, for example, has a little weight inside that you can unscrew the bottom and remove if you so choose...

Back