Mx510 to Mx1000

jmanlp

Limp Gawd
Hey I just got an MX1000 for xmas. Im a little conflicted on whether I want to keep it or not. I cant seem to get it configured right. When I got to assign buttons in CS:S like i did with my MX510 it starts scrolling and shit in stead of getting recognized as button 4, 5 etc. Is the only way to get it to do that to set up each button as a key macro? anyway Im using the latest set point software from their web site (what happened to mouseware?) ahhh well let me know what you all think?

I'm in te same situation. I have MX500 and I got MX1000. But I really can't get use to it.
And I can't map any of the left side keys in CS as well.
One way to try and see if key mapping will work is to uninstall Logitech driver and use stock windows one :eek:

Good im glad im in the same boat. Its like so nice and I know its a step up, and i really want to go wireless, but its all strange, I never thought I'd say it but I miss mouseware...

I was in the same boat as well. I decided to keep my mx510 and return the mx1000. I think I made the right choice based on what I'm hearing since I mostly play FPS games.

Btw, to map left side keys(key4&5) in CS, just exit "Logitech Mouse and Keyboard"
settings thingy or disable it from starting up.
Tested and it works.
cheers

If you are having problems assigning mouse buttons in games, you might give this utility a try: http://www.logigamer.com/

It works like a joystick profiler, and is pretty slick. You can also use it for applications other than games.

Back