MX518 and prediction (angle snapping)

kohan69

2[H]4U
Can someone describe this problem in detail and how to test for it?

Thank you.

It can be confirmed by opening any paint program and attempting to draw a circle or straight lines at low speed. A mouse with angle snapping/prediction will produce perfectly straight lines (which a human cannot do with a mouse) and force the circle into some kind of square.

Is this for all models? I can draw perfectly straight lines, but my circles all look pretty unaffected.

I guess the straight lines kind of make it pretty obvious huh?

edit -> actually it seems like my circles get these weird zig zags in them. dunno

It can be confirmed by opening any paint program and attempting to draw a circle or straight lines at low speed. A mouse with angle snapping/prediction will produce perfectly straight lines (which a human cannot do with a mouse) and force the circle into some kind of square.
Does this goes into gaming also its only in apps like paint? Im just wondering this carries and influences the aiming. Or is there any way to turn it off on the MX518?

My circles are as fucked up as ever:

bLVE6.png

Does this goes into gaming also its only in apps like paint? Im just wondering this carries and influences the aiming. Or is there any way to turn it off on the MX518?
No it's build-in to the hardware, no way to turn it off (some razor mouse can though)

tbh, that circle looks relatively normal. One would expect some straight edges due to the way we move a mouse. Try doing some straight lines. Here is an example of angle snapping on the mx518 vs no angle snapping on an IE3:

2u7r2qc.jpg

and another example:

ru7fcj.png

Back