MX700 mouse not recharging

Misfitted_Mecha

Limp Gawd
Ok, so it started about a week ago, and i noticed my batteries were running low in the mouse. I left it in the charger overnight and it was dead when I woke up. I went over to the store and got new rechargables. Put them in, mouse worked fine, until the next morning, when the batteries were dead. I left it in the charger for the whole day, and the batteries were still out. My keyboard still works (i have the mx duo), but its just that the mouse wont recharge in the dock. Any suggestions?

It may seem obvious, but is the mouse correctly placed in it's cradle? Are the contacts clean?

If the green light on the mouse isn't flashing, then it's probably not charging. :confused:

If it's something else, well, you may try Logitech's support.

Something very simple, but you may have overlooked. Is the power cable plugged into the USB chord?
Sorry if that is just TOO nub for you :D

yea, the power cable is pluged in. For a second I thought it might not be, made me seem like an idiot. But yea, im gonna try customer support thanks for the help guys

logitech DOES have good tech support, but I always seem to have probs with my Cordless MX duo. I have had the mouse die on me once, and they Keyboard die on me once. Both were hardware failures of some sort, and I had to wait a few weeks to remedy the issue.

The joys of Cordless :s

Call em, it doesnt sound like a normal issue

Batteries might not be able to hold a charge anymore? Check the contacts for oils and dirt/debree

Is the power pluged in at the wall?

The Duo mx works without the power pluged in, the power is to just recharge the mouse.

I too had this problem one day, Was just about to call tech when I saw that it had fallen out.

My mouse is very picky about its place in the cradle. I often have to drop it in 2-3 times before it will "take". Make sure the mouse LEd goes off and the green charging light comes on, if not drop it in until it works. My friend has the same problem, and I've heard of others with similar issues.

I've never had a problem with logitech support, they did replace my Z560s both times they died.

Comment for next post:
The Z560s were fatally flawed. Almost everyone I know who bought a pair had to have them replaced at some point. The main fuse/coil would blow. After 3 sets I gave up, decided I didn't need 400watts.

That's a shame about your speakers :/
My Z3's are my first *real* (not piece of shits) speakers, and I love them dearly. :D

Back