My 3007-HC is on order

I got my 3007WFP-HC for about a week and I also requested a revision A03. I realy like this monitor.

Everething seems to be perfect but one thing. I'm having the same problem like zzz having. Monitor emitting noise, not loud, it's just there. It's real real hard to hear it from the front of the monitor, you have to put your ear almost on the screen. It's more audible from the back. Not bothering me much. When you lower brightness, the noise going to be quieter. On some level disappears.

I used a colorimeter Spyder2 and the collors looks now more balanced, not over saturated like it was from factory. I'm realy happy with my purchase!

I think the noise issue is pathetic. The 300cd/m^2 brightness is already questionably good enough, as many have said, and then you can't even run at the max level unless you want to listen to a squeal. I wonder how much money Dell has to pay to ship each one, and how willing they will be to keep replacing mine. Besides that really annoying issue, the monitor is AWESOME.

IceM, keep in mind that calibrating might cause your brightness to drop by 23%. Those were Anandtech's results with the LP3065 (309.37 before; 239.72 after).

I don't know much about calibration, but I hear a lot about the importance of accurate gray levels. Then why is it that in my video card's calibration wizard, you adjust the 3 primary color bars (until the middle section of color blends in with the top and bottom), but there's no gray level calibration? I know the primary colors compose a gray color, but still I have to wonder.

I got my 3007WFP-HC for about a week and I also requested a revision A03.

What's all this talk about revision A03... I'm having a tough time believing that.

BTW, I received my HC today... Rev A00 and it has no noise with brightness at max. I'll be posting a review for anyone interested after I get my Spyder2.

My first impression is that this thing rules! It's perhaps the best computer component I've ever purchased... period.

That's bizarre... it must be some kind of mistake... there can't be a Rev A03 yet. Are you sure it's an HC? Maybe the A03's are the noisy ones. LOL!
I'm sure it's an HC since the nvidia control panel says so, as well as Everest. That would be nice if we determined a certain rev that had the worst noise.

I just ordered my 3007-HC from Jonathan. The ordering process was great. I'm really happy with the service from him. I'm debating ordering a second one... if I go off the deep end and do it, I'll definitely be calling him back. I'll try to post pictures when it shows up. Only one problem though... I don't have a dual-link video card yet. I'm ordering it within the next day... I hope it shows up soon. Might have to pay for overnight on it. The monitor will work at 1280x800 over single link DVI, right?

What's all this talk about revision A03... I'm having a tough time believing that.

BTW, I received my HC today... Rev A00 and it has no noise with brightness at max. I'll be posting a review for anyone interested after I get my Spyder2.

My first impression is that this thing rules! It's perhaps the best computer component I've ever purchased... period.

Mine says also Rev. A03 on the back sticker and in Nvidia control panel it's an HC version. I ordered from Jonathan.

Mine says also Rev. A03 on the back sticker and in Nvidia control panel it's an HC version. I ordered from Jonathan.

I think we can safely conclude that some noob in Mexico put the wrong rev stickers on your monitors... there is simply no way there are actual A03 rev HC monitors out there at this point.

I just ordered my 3007-HC from Jonathan. The ordering process was great. I'm really happy with the service from him. I'm debating ordering a second one... if I go off the deep end and do it, I'll definitely be calling him back. I'll try to post pictures when it shows up. Only one problem though... I don't have a dual-link video card yet. I'm ordering it within the next day... I hope it shows up soon. Might have to pay for overnight on it. The monitor will work at 1280x800 over single link DVI, right?

Hi Steve,
Yes, it'll work just fine with with a single-link at the 1/4 resolution. But
overnight your new card anyway... ;)

CAMster

Well, I'm in the game now... another Jonathan customer. I will be using it for photography work primarily and can't wait to receive it. Thanks for all the great info... and the deal... that have been shared here.

Mine makes a buzzing noise on high bring but only until it warms up, then it goes away. I'll wait a year or so to return this for a new revision.

Mine makes a buzzing noise on high bring but only until it warms up, then it goes away. I'll wait a year or so to return this for a new revision.
The noise thing is definitely a gamble. All 3 models I listened to had it, but the volume of the noise varied. You're lucky that yours gets quieter with heat; all mine have been the opposite.

Here's another interesting thing. I used the nvidia control panel to turn both the brightness and contrast to ~10%, and that revealed a stuck-blue pixel near the center! Yet with the normal contrast and brightness settings, it behaves perfectly. Check your screen to see if you have any hidden bad pixels.

The noise thing is definitely a gamble. All 3 models I listened to had it, but the volume of the noise varied. You're lucky that yours gets quieter with heat; all mine have been the opposite.

I've been playing with mine a little, and even with very minor background sounds,
I hear nothing from either of my two new monitors (the HC, and a HP2065).
However, I haven't had the time to do a really thorough "adjustment sweep" to
see if there's any combination of settings that triggers noise. As it's in a shop
environment, some noise wouldn't really matter anyway. No signs of dead or
stuck pixels either, the only problem at the moment is getting the HP to work
in Portrait mode without having the HC affected.

I'll be curious to see how my (rather old) CAM software works with the large
screen. Certainly, the folks who did the primary coding back in the early 90's
didn't anticipate giant LCD monitors...

CAMster

I think we can safely conclude that some noob in Mexico put the wrong rev stickers on your monitors... there is simply no way there are actual A03 rev HC monitors out there at this point.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I just got my 3007WFP-HC yesterday... it's also Rev. A03. I'll concede that there's at least a small chance that a mistake was made when printing the labels... but since there is no proof of that, as far as I'm concerned, I've got a Rev. A03.

On an additional note, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, I'm waiting for a PSU to be delivered for my new system. Most likely have to wait until Monday.

Just double checked mine, received it 3/30, and it's rev A03.

Not sure if there were any issues but this seems great. No dead pixels.

virtualrain, have you verified your screen is the HC version, in the nvidia control panel or whatever?

If it is, then that is strange that there's an inconsistency in revisions.

I just got mine on Mar 29, and it's also an A03. The business rep in dell cut me a great deal at 1525CDN after tax (Thanks Greg!)

I am wondering about how hot your HC gets? Mine can get pretty hot (The top of the monitor is warm to touch, and my hand can feel the heat in front of the screen). I also have a 22" widescreen (Acer AL2223W) and 20" (Viewsonic VG2030m) and they don't produce much heat at all.

My monitor produces the buzzing too, but only when the brightness is close to max and it's barely audible. I never need more than medium brighness anyways.

I have a tiny bit of backlight bleeding at the top centre part of the monitor. It seems like a few other members got that on their HC as well, does you get that too? It doesn't really matter much but I wonder if I should get a replacement from dell. (Can't help wanting a perfect screen after spending $1500 on a monitor)

I get some backlight bleeding at the top center of the panel. I've hard backlight uniformity is a problem with any of the 30" displays so I wasn't going to complain. Plus I have zero dead pixels.

virtualrain, have you verified your screen is the HC version, in the nvidia control panel or whatever?

If it is, then that is strange that there's an inconsistency in revisions.

Everything I have (except the XP driver) says HC... the box, the label on the back of the monitor, the clear plastic covering the LCD for shipping, the CD, the manual, even the tab for brightness control in the display control panel says HC... etc.

Why doesn't my driver say HC?

What driver are you guys using?

I'm using this one... http://support.us.dell.com/support/...eid=R144932&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=193237

Here are some pics...

Here you can see the driver does not have the HC designation...
3007driver.jpg

Here the brightness tab DOES have the HC designation...
brightness.jpg

As you can see this is Rev A00 and you can barely make out the Product # on the grey sticker as 3007WFP-HC...
3007label.jpg

I've had my 3007WFP-HC rev.A00 for a little over a week and have nothing but good things to say. No noise at any level of brightness but find keeping it a 10 most comfortable in my office setting. I'm using a nVidia Quadro FX4500 so maybe it's the graphics card that making some of these HC hum!

The only performance issues I have is when rotating large CAD assemblies (400 to 500 meg) I see a bit of hesitation.... was wondering if a second FX4500 card would improve that. Anyone know?

As far as the calibration goes, I do think the colors tend to a bit too vibrant. Also sometimes I see a little "red" sneaking behind boldface fonts. But that's about all I can negative about this monitor. By far the best monitor I've ever used.

Thanks again to this forum for the help... and especially to CAMster for Jonathan's name.

Bob

virtualrain, you definitely have the HC version. The driver doesn't say so because it appears Dell was sloppy when they released the driver, and they copied the original 3007's driver and didn't change the name or date ("8/21/2006" instead of 1/17/2007).

virtualrain, you definitely have the HC version. The driver doesn't say so because it appears Dell was sloppy when they released the driver, and they copied the original 3007's driver and didn't change the name or date ("8/21/2006" instead of 1/17/2007).

Thanks.

So any updates or theories on the A00 vs. A03 revs?

Hi All

I've recentley bought a 3007-HC revA.01 and its one beast of a monitor. Just a few things though, the screen looks slightly green, is there any software to colour calibrate the monitor and to check what video setting its on... 6500K, 9300K etc.

I mainly use it for gaming and general internet usage.Other than that its an awsome monitor

Thanks

Hi All

I've recentley bought a 3007-HC revA.01 and its one beast of a monitor. Just a few things though, the screen looks slightly green, is there any software to colour calibrate the monitor and to check what video setting its on... 6500K, 9300K etc.

I mainly use it for gaming and general internet usage.Other than that its an awsome monitor

Thanks

The color was off on mine out of the box... I would say more of a yellow tint than green. This is not a defect... just an uncalibrated monitor. I've never seen a display that had accurate color out of the box. My first activity after getting the thing plugged in and working was to calibrate it. I use a Pantone Spyder2 which works pretty well. There is really no way to do it without a Colorimeter and accompanying software. CompUSA carries these. I'd skip the Spyder Express and get the Spyder2. Its about $150 I believe.

Of course, the other option is to just eyeball it, but with the number of variables involved its virtually impossible to do that. The colorimeter takes the screen through a lot of luminosity levels in Red, Green, Blue, and Grey... and then figures out how to make all of that accurate.

The color was off on mine out of the box... I would say more of a yellow tint than green. This is not a defect... just an uncalibrated monitor. I've never seen a display that had accurate color out of the box. My first activity after getting the thing plugged in and working was to calibrate it. I use a Pantone Spyder2 which works pretty well. There is really no way to do it without a Colorimeter and accompanying software. CompUSA carries these. I'd skip the Spyder Express and get the Spyder2. Its about $150 I believe.

Of course, the other option is to just eyeball it, but with the number of variables involved its virtually impossible to do that. The colorimeter takes the screen through a lot of luminosity levels in Red, Green, Blue, and Grey... and then figures out how to make all of that accurate.

The differences between the Spyder2 Suite & the Spyder2express are slight. The hardware is the exact same. The more expensive offers the choice of adjusting monitor gamma, temperature & a pre-calibration feature. The bonus software is different but both are of little use to most at this stage of the game.

Shemp

The differences between the Spyder2 Suite & the Spyder2express are slight. The hardware is the exact same. The more expensive offers the choice of adjusting monitor gamma, temperature & a pre-calibration feature. The bonus software is different but both are of little use to most at this stage of the game.

Shemp

Shemp, why do you say both are of little use? What would you recommend over a Spyder?

Shemp, why do you say both are of little use? What would you recommend over a Spyder?

I was referring to the bonus software as of little or no use to a serious user (they will already have much more advanced apps for what these do.) The express version comes with Adobe Photo Album Starter Edition & the Suite version comes with a program that creates simple, custom printer profiles for a limited number of printers.

The actual hardware is where it’s at…;)

Shemp

Your screens are so far away...don't you have a hard time seeing text?

My head is about 24" away... and if I lean back in chair it can get a little further... no I don't have a hard time seeing it. The picture was taken with a fisheye lens which is not a linear. I may look at moving it closer, but its so big I don't think I'll need to do that. I need to really work out new ergonomic work patterns.

By the way, I just fired up Company of Heroes at lunch and it was incredible on this thing.

I may look at moving it closer, but its so big I don't think I'll need to do that.
I have mine right up to the keyboard, at a typical distance. The fact that it's so big doesn't change how far I think it should be, since the pixel density is the same. Plus having it cover most of your vision is great for games.

I calibrated using the nvidia control panel, but what's dumb is that it doesn't seem to apply for games. I think PowerStrip might fix it, but I don't know why the computer thinks each game should have its own color profile. You guys with hardware calibrators might have the same problem, unless you have software that runs in the background to maintain the profile.

I have mine right up to the keyboard, at a typical distance. The fact that it's so big doesn't change how far I think it should be, since the pixel density is the same. Plus having it cover most of your vision is great for games.

I'll give that a try... but what do you do for desk space? I usually have books and papers all over the place in front of the monitor. Maybe I need to get an arm for the LCDs, and a drawer for my keyboard and tablet... hmmmm... I just moved it up about 6 inches and will see how it works.

convergent, I don't put anything in front of the monitor except temporarily big bowls of ice cream. As you can see, I have plenty of desk space.

f_bm_13edcb4.png

convergent, I don't put anything in front of the monitor except temporarily big bowls of ice cream. As you can see, I have plenty of desk space.

I tried moving them in and so far I like it. I'm not quite as close as you, but I'm now about 6" closer. I actually pushed my laptop aside and I'm running it in a window on my 30" screen (about 1/4 of the screen) through XP's remote desktop. So that freed up some space for me. I like my tablet up and at an angle above the right corner of my keyboard, so it is making it tough to fit in between the keyboard and the right monitor. Thanks for the tip.

I have just received a 3007WFP-HC display, and it is a REV A02 Czech. Is that a bad revision and should I return it, and ask for a REV A03 instead?

I have just received a 3007WFP-HC display, and it is a REV A02 Czech. Is that a bad revision and should I return it, and ask for a REV A03 instead?

Does it have any problems? I don't think I'd return a display unless it had a problem. I've never heard of an A02, and the concensus I thought was that there really wasn't an A03. I don't know what revision mine is... didn't look.. but its a beautiful display. Open it up and start enjoying it.

Does it have any problems? I don't think I'd return a display unless it had a problem. I've never heard of an A02, and the concensus I thought was that there really wasn't an A03. I don't know what revision mine is... didn't look.. but its a beautiful display. Open it up and start enjoying it.

I got it 2 days ago, and I am absolutely stunned by the quality of it.No, I have no problems with it all. Gaming looks and feels amazing at 2560*1600, with maxed settings and 4*AA/8*AF and TSAA.

I asked because, I became worried with all this talk about revisions, and if there were any known problems with the A02, or if the A03 was a better choice.

Well a bit under 4 weeks and my monitor died, well almost. For the past couple weeks it's been flashing once every couple hours, just a quick flash of the entire screen, almost unnoticeable. Last night it did the same thing a couple times then developed a vertical red line down the center of the monitor. It appears an entire column of red pixels is stuck on. Dell is sending a replacement. The monitor was nice while it lasted.

Back