My 360 Died!

i think mines is crapping out too (launch system). even tho graw2 problems are a separate issue im getting wierd errors playing cod2. i called ms and they said my warranty is valid til december. somehow i gotta 2 year warranty....

When my xbox died (twice) this thread was a great help.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=717200

it explains a lot of info, if you xbox is underwarranty send it back, if not I know more than a few people personally who just added a small fan from their computer case and they have been running since (GPU sits under the DVDROM tray and overheats like a mother!).

I just had mine replaced for free and it was out of warrenty. I never registered it with microsoft but told them I bought it sometime late 05/early 06. They didn't argue or anything. They just said it would be replaced for free. The replacement clearly wasn't brand new but it's working ok.

Just a thought but I wonder if they secretely look to see if you are an xbox live subscriber and treat you better so they don't lose potential subscribers???

I just called microsoft and was told that the warranty was only extended to one year. Does anyone have a link to an actual microsoft press release about an indefinite warranty for launch consoles? The gamespot article doesn't seem to carry much weight.

It looks like I may be screwed since I already paid for the repair

Aside from anecdotes on the forums, there's never been an official policy of replacing "launch" consoles. The only guarantee is the extended one year warranty.

Back